Chemistry class

Akilandeshwari's POV

I told Shiva about what happened in that store, he started suggesting preschool after that. I couldn't decide on a preschool that would be good enough for my baby. Finally we settled on Little wonders preschool. One weekend after a few days, he asked if his friend Abhinay could come over. I agreed obviously. 

That Sunday, while the kids were playing in the living room, I heard Sriram starting to yell like a  maniac. "What is wrong" I asked. 

"These brats broke my PS 3 controller, ask them to go play inside. I finally finished studying Physics, so I too want to play now. Now my controllers are ruined." he said.

"Its ok, I will buy you new controllers after your exams are over." I said feeling bad for him for a moment. I saw Srihari smirking at him, well it does not matter he is just a child.

"I don't want a new controller, I want you to make your son behave." he said.

"How dare you talk to me that way, you don't have to play video games, you can never finish studying in life. Video games are not required to pass the public exams. Let me test you. Who introduced the fourth dimension in physics? " I asked.

"That is a trick question. There is only three dimensions"  he said.

"You are wrong, first you find the answer then play video games." I reasoned sensibly.

Srihari and his new friend were having a great time. 

Sriram's POV

I was having a very bad day, I had to go for practical test in chemistry that afternoon. The chemistry teacher could not care less. She was literally half a sleep and half on her phone (which was a Nokia).

I had to sit near the worst person possible Abhinav. That idiot, tipped over a full tube of hydrochloric acid and it spilt on my foot. He then muttered "If I am not on the team, you need not be in it as well." I started calling for the chemistry teacher but, she did not respond. In  anger (and pain) I punched Abhinav on the face. We both got into a full fledged fight, knocking down a few chemicals and glass tubes. Some kid soon called the nurse and then got the principal. Well in short Abhinav got a three day suspension. I got a three day suspension, a burnt foot and was grounded till my board exams were over. The chemistry teacher was asked to leave her job and go for an ear checkup.

Krishnan's POV

Pankaja was looking for a job, she used to be a chemistry teacher in Bangalore. When there was an opening in the school, where I worked she was more than happy to take the job. I was more scared now, because if she sees me in class, she is sure to find out my true personality.

I have no idea for how long I can keep up with my disguise. Pankaja was a really sweet and carefree lady, she was not anything like me. This made me even more scared to show my true face to her.

Shiva's POV

Today morning , while I was leaving for work. Akhila told me Srihari had to be picked up from his preschool at 5 pm, because they are holding a school event. I can't believe they wanted to keep that brats there for extra time, but it was better for me I guess. I agreed. 

That evening unfortunately I ate too much ice cream and fell asleep, it was not my fault chocolate was my weakness. When I woke up it was 7 pm. Krishnan was making dinner. I panicked. But then I heard some noise and saw Srihari seating in his room. I was relieved, but who picked him up ? I asked him.

"Sriram" he answered in an angry voice possibly because he was late.

I went to Sriram and asked him why he went out when he was grounded, he should have woken me up. 

Sriram replied "I think you should mind your tone if you don't want me telling your wife that you forgot about your own son." Wait was he blackmailing me, I hate him.

Narrator's POV

Akhila came home, and to Shiva's surprise Srihari ran to her crying, telling her about how he forgot him at school. She was furious. "You left our son at school for..." she turned towards him and asked him how long it took. "30 minutes" he answered. "30 minutes, and you didn't even pick him up, your younger brother had to. Can't even take care of your son for one day, no one evening. You are not compelled to eat ice cream everyday. I don't know what is wrong with you." she said and stormed upstairs carrying Srihari, who was smirking at his father.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Feel free to comment and give your views about the chapter.