The Problematic Party

Narrator's POV

Sreeja was very troubled in school because of Jasper. She had performed very badly in an English test. Shiva thought it was not like Sreeja to perform in such a poor manner. So, he ended up adding extra 5 marks. Sreeja looked at her paper and saw that her total was five marks more than what she should have got. This made her feel even more guilty.

Sharada's POV

There was a cool high school party which I wanted to get invited to, but of course I didn't get an invitation as I was not in high school yet, none of my friends had gotten one either. So, I asked my brother to take me with him to the party, everybody was allowed to bring a guest along with them, he disagreed saying it will be embarrassing to take an eighth grader with him. It was just like him to say that. I asked Sreeja if she too wanted to come to this party, "No, I am not invited, I don't want to go, it seems like a waste of time, I will use the time to study instead." she said going back to reading her book. It was a shame that Sreeja had to be this good. At times it made me seem worse. She never goes out anywhere and has very less friends. I bet she hasn't even spoken to a boy. She does look good and will look better, if she puts some effort and stops ignoring her looks. I tried persuading her, "Well if you have no intention on ever being cool, going to a party or dating I am not stopping you." I said hoping it will make her change her mind. 

Sreeja finally agreed. I told her my plan. We asked Pallavi to get us a invite to that party, in exchange we promised her she could come to our uncle Sriram's wedding. The wedding was going to take place in a few months. He had been engaged to Anitha for about a year, they are finally getting married. She accepted this deal happily and gave us her invites, saying she was not going to the party anyways.

Jasper's POV

I was having a blast at the party, There was alcohol as well. The only thing missing was my Sreeja, I was upset she never comes to any party. I was shocked when I saw her standing in a corner. I realized, now was the best time to make her, start liking me. I had tried being nice and romantic, now it was time to use other methods. She crossed the line, when she got a few cops to come to my house and warn me, all I did was send her a bouquet of flowers, I am going to make her regret what she did and accept me. She had caused so much problems in my house, my mom had told me, "After this we can never show our faces in public ! Why? Why did you do this, Just Why?" I drank two shots of wine, and then went to her. 

Sreeja's POV

This party was seriously a waste of time, I didn't fit in anyway, I agreed to come to this party only because Sharada kept bugging me and I didn't want her to go to a high school party alone. The people were dancing most of the time. Suddenly, a figure walked towards me. It was Jasper. "Please, Accept my love." he said repeatedly, "Even if you don't like me at least give me one kiss." he said.  He looked drunk and instable. I was so creeped out. I tried to go, but he stopped me and said. "I am way out of your league, why can't you love me. I will kill myself and blame you otherwise." "Let me go, or I am going to call the security." I said. "Complaining was what made me this way. You want to try that again? You can't fight your own battles. You went to the police for such a small matter." he said staring at me in a weird manner.

I somehow ran away from there, I told Sharada, "There is a crazy drunk maniac at this party, come home with me right now." Sharada replied rudely, "You go home geek, I will stay with my brother." I badly wanted to tell Srihari about this, but I couldn't risk staying here for even another moment. I took an auto home and went to my room without anyone noticing.

Srihari's POV

The party was boring, all the couples were acting in a cringe manner, plus Pallavi was not there. Tanisha, kept asking me to dance with her. She had kept a love note on my desk on valentines day, I tore it and threw it in the trash can. I had no intentions on dating anyone who was not Pallavi. I went to get some snacks and saw Sharada was there. How did my mom give her permission to come here, plus how did she get an invitation in the first place. She was dancing quite better than most of the high school students. She had left her wavy hair loose and was wearing her birthday outfit, which was not much suitable for her age. I have to send her home.

"What are you doing here." I asked her. "Its none of your business." she said. "It is, I am your older brother. Just go home or I will tell mom you're here." I said. I then noticed some idiot had bought alcohol, I decided to go home as well. I didn't tell my mom there will be drinks in this party. I didn't want to give Sharada a thing to tattle about me.

Akhila's POV

I was shocked Sharada had gone to a high school party that too without my permission. Srihari told me he didn't take her with him. "What were you thinking going to a party like this alone." I asked. "I was not alone, Srihari was there and so was Sreeja." she said. I didn't believe her at all. "I gave Srihari permission to go to this party, and don't drag Sreeja into this, the poor girl was in her room studying, she is looking awfully tired. She had dinner early today." I said. "You are such a hypocrite, you are partial towards him." Sharada whined. Sharada always said this when she is in trouble. Anyway, I decided to leave the matter, I knew she will not do anything like this again, besides I think she went to the party only because Srihari was invited.