Many things happen

Abhinay's POV

Srihari and I were doing a group project together. I mean he was doing the project, I was playing Mortal Kombat on his PS4. He- I mean we needed some waste paper to make the planets. My first thought was to go to my maths teacher, Krishnan's room and grab my maths test paper, it is waste paper as I have not written any answers in it, but I knew it will lead to trouble so, I just went paper hunting to the girls' room. Srihari's annoying younger sister Sharada was sitting there. She pointed to a book and told me it was filled with junk. I tore a few a few papers from the middle which we used for the project.

About half an hour later, Sreeja his cousin, stormed into the room. Sreeja was one of the most boring girls I had seen. She had fair skin, straight hair and was scowling almost always. She also wore glasses that were too big for her eyes. "Which one of you took my maths notes!" she yelled. "Well I did, but your cousin said it was junk, anyways you got those sums all wrong." I said. "There is no chance that you know what is right or what is wrong when you have failed maths all these years." she exclaimed. "Ok, just go write it again, I mean that is what you do all day, right?" I asked intelligently. "Idiots" she murmured and stormed out of the room.

Gopi's POV

I was sitting peacefully on my usual spot, on the couch watching news ( someone had left it on). It was my post lunch time also known as treat time but everybody forgot to feed me treats, I barked hoping someone would come. The only person who came was Sharada, she grabbed me and carried me to her room. I barked for help. "Oh you love to be in my arms don't you." she exclaimed. She poured some sloppy looking dog food which I had already rejected once. She then asked me to eat it. When I didn't obey her, she pushed my head inside the bowl. "Idiot" I barked. How will she feel if I made her eat this slop. Thankfully Srihari came and saved me at the right time, he took me back to my spot on the couch and gave me real treats.

Akhila's POV

My phone had been beeping for quite a long time. Shiva called me and asked me to check my messages since there seemed to be a lot of it. It couldn't be anything related to work as I had taken the day off. I checked my messages. Vijaya had sent the pictures taken at her and Varadaraj house-warming. There were more messages as well it has been confirmed that Megha was pregnant with twins. I guess my mother will be the happiest as she had been begging Megha for grandkids for a long time as she had been bored after Srihari and Sharada grew up. I wonder, if Megha will make her kids call her Meghs as well. There was a message in my old friends group, it was a photo of Shivansh getting an award.

Shiva asked me whether it was anything important. "Kind of." I replied "Arjun and Megha are having twins, Vijaya sent photos, and my friend Shivansh has got another award." "Oh that idiot who came to our wedding and gifted us a half heart photo frame." he asked. "Don't say such things, he is a good friend." I said. "He looked jealous in our wedding, besides he has a very bad choice of gifts, I mean where is that other half? he probably broke it and gave it to us." he said. I had a good mind to tell Shiva, that the other half was at his house but never mind. 

I was going to go see Arjun, I am happy he is going to have two lovely kids. Speaking of kids, many people in this house think my kids especially Srihari is spoilt, but I know he will always listen to me and would never do anything that I don't approve of.

4 years later

Narrators POV

It was a busy morning, everyone was busy getting ready for school or work. Srihari was sitting in a carefree manner, waiting for breakfast. He had not even bothered to comb his hair. He was listening to music in his I Pod. Even though he was wearing headphones the music was definitely audible. Nobody told him to decrease the volume, even though it was not good to listen to music this loudly as they knew he would not obey them even for once. When breakfast was ready, for once he took his headphones off.

 "Why did you take your headphones off now." Krishnan asked mockingly. "At least he is listening to nice music the only song you would listen to is the mathematical Pi song, get a life." Sriram said, as he lazily sat on the couch. "I have a life." Krishnan said. "Look who's talking, you are the one who is not settled in life, Other people your age are way settled and have taken up great responsibilities. You are the only one that is left behind. your best friend Varadaraj is married to your sister. Look how well settled your friend Mukul is, he has a high paying job in google and his wife Priyanka is pregnant with their second child now." Sriram didn't give any reply as he knew these things were true. He continued to rest on the sofa alongside Gopi. Unlike the others they both didn't have to go anywhere that morning.

"Mom I need some money to buy new shoes." Srihari asked. "How much do you need? I don't have cash right now." Akhila asked. "Is it for football, then I will be happy to sponsor." Gopal said with excitement. "Its ok, you do one thing, come by the police office near the canal this evening I have to inspect it today, as they are a lot of pending cases there. It is quite close by. We can go, buy shoes directly from there." Srihari agreed and left for school.