More Fights

Anitha's POV

I heard Shiva and Sriram arguing about something. I was not sure what it was about but I could hear a little of it from outside. I heard Sriram saying "This is all I have, I don't have much of money in hand. I cannot do everything you guys expect me to." Shiva replied "Well, you would have had a better job if you had not dropped out of college years ago and had not been unemployed for 10 years. You were so adamant about not completing your degree or even doing a diploma. The worst part was, I had to pay for that college you left." 

I finally understood why these people treat Sriram like this, it was because he had taken money from them, and he was unable to repay them. Luck had never been on his side, that is why he didn't get a job all these years. I felt bad that he had to take a loan for our marriage as well. I wanted to do what I could for my husband. 

Akhila's POV

I was shocked when Anitha came to us with some cash in her hand. "Take this." she said handing the money to Shiva. "I have sold my bangle, the only thing I have got from my family. There is 50,000 in here. I guess that would be enough." she said. "Enough for what? What are you talking about Anitha, Be more clear." I said confused. "I know you guys talk to Sriram rudely and he bears it all, only because he had borrowed money from you in the past, when he had started college. Forgive me, if you guys need more. We will repay after working for sometime. I just want freedom for my husband." she replied. I asked Shiva if he had any idea what this girl was saying. He said she may have heard a part of his argument with Sriram yesterday. "Did you ask him to repay anything?" I asked. "Not exactly." he replied. "Well, I remember paying a part of that amount quite long ago, but most of it was taken from your parents' saving account right? I don't remember you paying anything much?" I told him. Why had Shiva behaved like this. This Anitha is already a drama queen. I decided to have a word with Sriram regarding this.

Sriram's POV

I was shocked when Akhila came to me and said that Anitha had been asking for freedom or something, and has handed them 50,000 rupees. She gave the money to me and asked me to return it to Anitha. I can't understand why Anitha was assuming things this way. "Why did you take this hasty decision and sell yours bangle, that was the only jewellery, you got from your parents right?" I asked her. "It is just that I can't bear the way they treat you, I just thought it was because you borrowed money from them. I want them to respect you." she replied. Gosh! I didn't know marriage was this hard. "You don't agree to moving out as well." she continued. 

"If you want to move out that badly we will discuss it rationally, and see if it will be financially possible right now." I explained. "It will be, I think I will be getting a promotion soon." she said. "We will see, I am not having much money in hand now, but since I work in a coaching center partnership, my earnings will increase a lot during the summer, I thought we could save, but I am ok with moving out if that is what you want." I said. She looked much relived and happier. "But just don't go around asking everybody to treat me differently. I lost my parents at a young age, my brothers have supported me at various stages in life, even though the decisions I have taken may not have been the best. Akhila played a motherly figure in my life." I explained. She nodded her head.

Krishnan's POV

Sriram had hinted that he was going to move out. Shiva too has been saying that he may be moving to a place quite far. I am afraid they may start talking about selling the house. I am totally not ok with it. I want my son to grow up here as well. Even though Pankaja and I have earned a lot and I have no plan to retire for at least another twenty years, it seems like a stupid plan to sell this house. People nowadays are upset that they cannot get a bungalow in a place like this.

Sriram and I had a silly argument, when I asked him whether he can handle the responsibility of living independently. We started arguing over who was more responsible and better off in life. The answer was obvious. I had a PHD while he was a college drop out. All his points seemed irrelevant. He said, "You shrink out of responsibilities all the time, Pankaja spends almost all her time with Adithya while the only thing you do is ask him whether he wants to do maths with you. Have you ever asked him, what he liked doing?" I understood that Pankaja does do a lot of things with Adithya, but that doesn't mean I don't. I tried to think of when Adithya and I had fun together, unfortunately nothing came to my mind at that moment.

Soon the fight became over things that happened years ago. Suddenly he said, "You ate my ice cream when I was two. When I told dad about it he was on your side as you never seemed to want ice cream, he said you had to be excused." "That didn't happen, I didn't eat your ice cream or anybody's ice cream for that matter." I said angered by this false allegation. I hate ice cream and have been hating it ever since I remember. Shiva entered the room and said, "Guys, calm down. I can't believe you guys are arguing over something that happened so long ago. It was me who ate that ice cream. I was craving that flavor and the brand was out of stock." "That flavor was limited edition, I never tasted that because of you." Sriram complained. I couldn't help laughing at this.