Anitha Weds Sriram

Sriram's POV

I was getting married, at last. The loan I had taken proved its worth. Anitha's parents seemed proud, and never missed an opportunity to praise me and tell their relatives what a great life she was going to have. I was happy somebody has a high opinion of me. Nobody has praised me this way. She kept telling me how happy she was and how happy she was going to be. We had a lot of guests. I invited many of my friends ( Only few of them showed up though ). Carol who used to be Vijaya's best friend came with her husband. She had actually lost a lot of weight, it was hard to recognize her. I invited many relatives, even a few with whom we were not in touch with. Like my rich uncle, who owns the school my brothers work in. Some guests were uninvited but still showed up. Namely APS ( Amrutha Poorva Sundari...) aunty. She even tried to include herself in some pictures. Sometimes covering Anitha completely. I told her the light was much better in the far corner so that we could crop her out later. I did miss my parents during this moment, but my family didn't let me notice their absence.

Abhinay's POV

I was roaming around trying to see if there were any cute girls with whom I could talk. Suddenly, I found myself alone in the dining hall, with Srihari's Aunt's Aunt. She introduced herself as some Amrutha Tripura something. She told me she had kept her handbag in the main hall, which was a million feet away. She asked me to go get it for her. When I declined she told me she was a poor old lady, and she couldn't walk that far. I agreed to get it finally. It took me a long time to find it. After I bought her bag to her. She said, "Oh, you look tired, come eat with me and go." I declined saying I will eat later, with my friends. "Oh, Do you have friends?" she asked with disbelief. "I saw you roaming around alone. It's ok eat with me." She forced me to sit next to her. She was strong for a senior citizen. The waiter had started serving. The grandma oh sorry, 'aunty' started talking to me non stop.

Srihari's POV

Things were going on well in my uncle's wedding. My parents were very busy with the rituals. It became quite boring after sometime, I didn't want to chat with my second cousins anymore. they seemed too boring. Then I saw Pallavi in the wedding hall. It seemed as if it was a movie or something. The hero thinks about the heroine and she appears out of nowhere. It was unfortunate that there was no background music. "Hey, what are you doing here." I asked her. She looked gorgeous in her lehenga. "Well, should I not be here?" she asked. "Well.. that is not what I meant, somebody might see you. We are lucky my mother is busy with the wedding rituals. It may cause problems if you are seen here." I said. 

Then Adithya heard it slightly and ran towards us, "Who is this?" he asked. "Hey, this is Pallavi. Don't tell anyone she was here. Go back and play with the children over there." I said. "but.. why?" he asked. "Well, my mom will get angry, if she sees her here." I explained. "Why? wait, is she criminal sister-in-law? In that case, I have to go tell aunt Akhila right now." he said trying to run away. He looked straight at Pallavi and said, "She has been looking for you for a long time. She is even having a gun to kill you." he said and rushed somewhere.

Pallavi's POV

I was shocked by what this little boy said. I felt a little upset, that Srihari's mom wanted to kill me or something. Srihari said, "Do not take any of this seriously, you know how little kids are. They overreact for things." I didn't deserve this much of hatred. The past few days have been really hard for me. I had met my dad in prison once and he looked terribly sick. He told me scary things like he didn't have much longer to live, and how I should live my life to the fullest and not get involved in any unnecessary things.

 He also said, "My life is not worth living anymore. I cannot let go of these habits. Even if I do, it is of no use, the police will always be behind my back. I started dealing drugs only for monetary reasons. The police are always behind our type. They never catch the main head behind any of this, only the foot soldiers like me are bound to be sacrificed." I wanted to get my mind of all these. Talking to Srihari always made things better for me, that is why I came here. "Adithya would have told my mother already, please go now, I will talk to you in school." he said assuring. I left half heartedly.

Akhila's POV

I was shocked when Adithya came and told me Pallavi was here. I obviously didn't believe him, why and how would Pallavi be here? I was very busy of course, with the rituals, greeting all the relatives and all. Adithya continued telling me the same thing for quite a long time. I told Pankaja and Sathya to handle things for sometime and went with him. To my surprise Adithya was right. I saw Pallavi, I couldn't accept for a minute that Srihari could have invited her. He had stopped talking to her more than a year ago. "What are you doing here? How did you get in?" I asked making up my mind to instruct the security to not allow people, without an invitation.

 "I actually came here to see you." she said in a small voice. "My father is awfully sick, I am worried about him. I had to tell this to you." "Well, did you not get any other time to tell me this? Did you have to come to Sriram's wedding to tell this? And do you think I should be told such matters? Can't you tell it to anybody else? Anyways, I see, you have done what you had come for, so feel free to leave." I said. She left, Little did I know that she was lying, why did she have to wear a lehenga, makeup and everything just to give this news. I saw Adithya behind me, "Did you chase Criminal sister-in-law from here. I helped you find her right? So now will you buy me a gun like yours?" he asked. I was too tired and also pissed off, there was a lot of work to be handled. "Fine, I will after the wedding." I told him planning to get him water guns or something. He became very happy, and went off to play.