Drunk Canadians are Dangerous

Today you decided to go out for a small jog around the park. You needed to get out of the house to clear your mind. Toni stayed home with the boys instead of going out to the fields so you wouldn't have to worry about getting a babysitter or bringing them with you.

You laced on your tennis shoes and changed into a tank top and some yoga pants. The park wasn't far from your house, just a short distance. Jogging on the way there, you put in your earbuds and turned your music on.

When (f/s) came on, you smiled but refrained from singing along to it to avoid strange looks from the people in the park.

You stopped for a minute to rest and check your phone when someone ran into you. A hand shot out to catch the phone you had almost dropped. You looked at the person. He had blonde hair much like Francis and Matthew's but it was tied back in a ponytail. He wore dark jeans, black converse and an unbuttoned red flannel shirt over a white tank top. The strange thing was that he also had that same loopy curl Matthew did and almost the same shade of violet eyes.

"I'm sorry. I was-" you began before getting cut off by the man who looked like the small boy you knew.

"(Y/n)? Madrid? Whatever you'd prefer to be addressed as?" he asked in surprise.

"S-should I know you?" you asked.

"You probably don't remember me. My name is Matt. We used to know each other before I accidentally hit you."

Wait...what? Did he really just say what you thought he said? He was the one who hit you? No, he couldn't be.

"I was drunk and driving home from the bar I went to after my hockey match with Al. I wasn't watching where I was going. I'm so sorry," Matt said with a sincere look in his eyes.

It took a moment to register in your mind. He was telling the truth but what did that mean for you? Should you be mad? Glad? Surprised? You were feeling so many emotions at this point. You just needed some time to think things over. "So let me get this straight. You're the one who hit me? You were the drunk driver? And you had been heading home from the bar? What idiot let you drive?"

With an offended but understanding expression, Matt just shrugged. "I said I was sorry. I really didn't mean to. I was being dumb. Can you forgive me?"

You sighed. "Of course. I'm glad I met you again. Oh, and by the way, don't call me Madrid."