Sick Jokes and Cruel Dreams

When you woke up the next day, you saw only one nurse sitting across the room. She hadn't been one of the nurses in your room when you woke up yesterday. But you had found out that you had been married to a Spaniard named Antionio Fernandez-Carriedo, you had two children named Lovino and Feliciano and you had gotten hurt when you went out into the street to grab your phone that you had dropped and didn't see the oncoming car being driven by some drunk dude.

     You yawned and the nurse looked up. The first thing you noticed were her intense dark brown eyes. She had a head of black corkscrew curls and her lips were curled into a serene smile. "Good afternoon, Mrs. Carriedo," she said happily.

     "Please stop calling me Mrs. Carriedo. I'm just (y/n)," you replied while sitting up.

     The nurse came and stood by the edge of your bed. "Alright, if you insist. I have to go check in with the doctor now. I will be back in just a minute." The nurse's name tag pinned on her minty green smock read 'Ameera' in bold letters.

     As she disappeared into the hall, you took a moment to think about all the information you had gained over the past day. There wasn't much and you couldn't remember anything of this so-called 'Antonio' nor 'Alfred and Matthew'.

     When Ammera came back, she had someone behind her. At first, you thought it was another nurse or a doctor, but as soon as she came through the door, you could tell. That's not who it was at all.

     "Oh, (y/n)! Mi amor, mi amor. I thought I lost you. But here you are." The man's accent was unmistakable as a Spanish one. He had bright green eyes and messy brown hair. You had to admit, he did look quite attractive.

     "What? Who are you? I don't know you," you said.

     The man with the green eyes let you go from the hug he had embraced you in.

     "What do you mean you don't know me? Of course you do. It's your Toni," he smiled, shrugging it off like it was a joke.

     "No, I'm serious. I have no idea who you are whatsoever. I have never met you before." Then suddenly, you did know who it was. It was that guy. Antonio. What you said had been true, about you having never met before. You hadn't, at least, to the extent of your knowledge.

     Antonio's face turned serious. He looked to Ameera then to me and then back to Ameera. She was showing no signs that you were trying to trick him.

     "Is this some kind of sick joke?!" he asked, his voice cracking at the end of the sentence. You shook your head no.

     "Then this is probably a cruel dream and I will wake up with you safe and sound in my arms," the man mumbled. It was barely audible, but you heard it. And you didn't know if you hoped it to be true.