A Carriedo Family Dinner

A/N: I'm soooo so so sorry for not updating earlier! I had a busy week last week and I sort-of had writer's block. Who am I kidding, I still have writer's block. I mean, Thanksgiving is tomorrow and after that, Advent and Christmas. It's a lot and I know I'll have even less time to write this so this story might be put on hold until Christmas is over and things quiet down. I'm still thinking about putting this on hold. I'm not sure yet. Anyway, yeah. Enjoy the story! Sorry it's a little short!

     You walked downstairs and into the dining room to find that the whole table was set. Toni was still in the kitchen, putting the finishing touches on whatever he had made. It smelled wonderful.

     You felt a small hand wrap around your hand. It lead you to a seat at the table. "You always sit here, Mama," Feli said in his squeaky Italian accented voice. That was the thing you'd been wondering about since you had met Lovino and Feliciano. How did they both have Italian accents when they were born in(your home country) and now live in Spain? That was something you probably used to know and now you've forgotten because of the memory loss.

     Feli sat down next to you and Lovi sat across from you. Toni walked in with a dish and he set it carefully down on the table next to the ham already on the table.

     "It looks wonderful, Toni," you said.

     "You used to love it. I hope you still will."

     "What is it called?"

     "It's called Piperrada,"

     The way Toni said the name of the sauce with his accent and the rolled 'r' almost made your heart melt. You smiled as you began fixing Lovino's plate for him. You gave his plate back to him and then you fixed Feliciano's plate. You handed Feli's plate back to him.

     Then, you made up your own plate. You took a small amount of the sauce, not knowing if you would still like it. You put a little on your ham and ate it.

     You loved it. It tasted somewhat familiar. You could almost distinctly remember the taste as something you had tasted many times before. In that exact house. In that exact dining room. In that exact chair. Was it a memory? Maybe it was.

     The four of you ate happily. Lovi listened to Feli talk while you talked to Toni about trying to trigger more memories. With just simple things the two of you used to do. Or maybe, Toni could invite his friends over tomorrow and they could help you try to remember too.

~Timeskip, brought to you by sexy Spanish accents~

     When everyone finished eating, you began to clean everything up. You put all of the dishes in the dishwasher and you put the leftover food in the fridge while Toni wiped off the table. You could hear Feli and Lovi playing upstairs.

     "Hey, Toni? You know how there's that stereo and all the CDs in our room?"

     "Yeah, what about them?"

     "Do you think you could teach me to dance?" you asked.

     Toni smiled. "Of course I can, hermosa."

     You had taken Spanish as your foreign language throughout all of high school, so you knew what hermosa meant. It meant beautiful. "Salsa?"

    "Yep."

     "Tango?"

     "I suppose."

     "The Macarina?"

     "Okay, everybody knows the Macarina. Don't even ask that."

     You laughed. "Cha-cha?"

     "Probably. Are you just listing off Spanish dance styles?"

     "What if I am?" you giggled.

     "Just because they're Spanish does not mean I'm going to know them!" Toni said.

     "Do you know all the ones I asked about?"

     "Yes."

     "Then stop complaining."