Belgian Daydream

"Bella!"

You heard an angry shout come from upstairs where Lovino and his friend Bella were working on a group project they had for school.

A cute, girly giggle sounded in response.

Feliciano walked inside with Antonio, each carrying a basket of tomatoes. "Mom, I'm going to go start dinner," the younger of your two sons said.

"Ah, nope. You're going to go wash the dirt off of your face and hands first. You too, Toni."

They both nodded and headed off to the bathroom to do as they were told. You erased something off of your paper and brushed the eraser shavings off, looking over your (drawing/poem/story/song). With a smile, you closed your notebook and slid it back into its place in the bookshelf in the hall.

Bella, who you had learned was the personification of Belgium, came downstairs with Lovi following close behind her. "Mrs. Carriedo, do you think you could look this over for any mistakes?" she asked, handing you her laptop.

You nodded with a smile and set it down on the counter. "Of course. Just give me five minutes."

She grinned. "Thanks! Oh, and my brother should be here in about a half an hour to pick me up."

"Alright, thank you for letting me know," you replied as Bella went back upstairs.

Lovi stayed standing right where he had been before, a dreamy look on his face.

You waved your hand in front of it to get his attention. He snapped out of his trance and looked at you.

"Yeah?"

"Oh, nothing. You were just daydreaming about Bella."

Lovino blushed bright red, just like one of his father's tomatoes. "Was not!" he exclaimed angrily.

You shook your head with a small smile. "Mhm, sure."

He went back upstairs, muttering to himself with his arms folded over his chest.

'Ah, teenagers,' you thought.