𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

ARIEL

ARIEL

Six in the morning.

One of the maids wakes me up at six in the morning with a soft knock at my door. "Good morning Ariel, Mr. Romero is waiting for you. Y'all leave in twenty-three minutes miss." my eyes wince at the light now peaking through my room as she pulls open my curtains and walks out my room.

For a second I completely forgot. I forgot about the nightmare that occurred last night and my dads word about sending me off to california today.

Call it dramatic. Call it childish, but three months without my best-friend and money spending, was gonna be complete torture.

I groan and roll out of my bed, applying the littlest bit of makeup and pulling my hair up in a ponytail before strolling my suitcase down the front door, our driver who was waiting there instantly picks it up and takes it out the door, loading it in the car.

I stroll past the maids and head towards the kitchen, just to see my daddy already sitting there with a bowl of cereal placed in-front of him.

Once he senses presence and he's no longer alone, his eyes look up and as they land on me his features soften. "Come sit and eat before I drop you off at the airport." he tells me while motioning to the chair beside him.

"No thanks." I simply respond back with a little hint of attitude in my voice.

He eyes return to my face, now narrowing me in place. "im not asking you Ariel sit down." to not escalate things, I listen and sit down beside him.

Lucy stalks towards me and pours me a bowl of cereal before walking away, leaving us alone and I slowly start to hate the quietness but I refuse to talk to him.

He breaks the silence a few minutes later with a loud sigh and he turns his chair, facing me. "Ariel I don't like when we fight come on baby maybe you'll have fun in california, maybe you and your mom will finally get to bond. "

"I get it but thats not gonna happen dad and to be honest I don't want to form any sort of bond with her" I mumble back and eat another spoonful of cereal.

He gives a firm nod as I continue, "She was never in my life, and I sure as hell don't want her in it now." before realizing what I had just said, his face turns pale with disbelief at my outburst.

"Cállese! she is still your mother, respect her!" the slight raise of his voice makes me jump the slightest bit. Spanish| Be quiet.

But before I know it im throwing my spoon back into the bowl of now just milk and raise my own voice back. "I don't want to talk about it anymore!"

His eyes flicker back and forth between mine and sighs once more before he's getting up and walking towards the dishes, placing his bowl down before motioning to give him mines.