𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

+ Pls don't be a silent reader make sure to vote and comment ty ily!

ARIEL

Me and dad woke up pretty early and got on his jet, heading to miami for a special event that was gonna be held tonight. The ball was gonna be held in a hotel which was never the usual but from what dad had told me on the jet it was a very fancy hotel and not everybody had the opportunity to even be there.

We got separate cards and soon as we make it to the top floor our rooms were right beside each other. Dad looks at me before sliding in the card to enter his room "I'll see you in a bit i'll be downstairs okay?" I nod and enter my room.

As soon as I enter I plop right down on my bed face down. I was jet-lagged and extremely tired.

I was in no party mood whatsoever but I had already promised him and to be honest this might be good. I needed to get my mind off things.

By things I mean Dario.

People say I can be very.... petty. Never really thought myself as that until I blocked his number, I was starting to regret doing such thing.

Or maybe it was a good thing, maybe thats just what I needed to move on. it was unhealthy to be thinking about a man who clearly didn't want me.

Its been now exactly two fucking weeks and I didn't hear a word from him so I have to get over it and move the hell on with my life.

No matter how much it would pain me, and it was working slowly. I was doing so good until last night.... as I went through the things I brought back with me from his house and I pulled out the watch.

The watch he gave me while we were in the jacuzzi, I was playing around about taking it but he didn't stop me whatsoever and the next day he replaced it with a new one and of course it was the same night we kissed for the first time.

Then I pulled out the beautiful pearl pendent he gifted me for my birthday and right there on my floor I had started bawling my eyes out.

Those memories were practically engraved in my brain. I couldn't escape them.

I took a two hour nap as I was beyond tired. Once I awoke my dad was still not back from his meeting and through text he said he was with some business partners downstairs talking about tonight.

I walk towards the balcony door and step out, I held onto the railing and shut my eyes for a split second letting the fresh breeze hit my face as I kept thinking about tonight and how much I was dreading it.

But all my thoughts vanish as a knock at my door makes me turn, I walk back inside and open it only to see dad standing there with slight smile playing along his lips.

I move to the side to let him in "How was the meeting?" I ask as I walk right back outside and he follows behind closely "It was good."

I place both hands on the railing and he walks closer until he's standing beside me and we both stare out at the water "What are you thinking?"