only you - part two (requested)

A few days have gone by since that night and despite everything that happened, you swear that you've never been happier than you are right now.

You're at your house with Taylor curled up to you in your bed.

You're wide awake as you let her sleep.

You occupied yourself by running your fingers through her hair and playing with it, loving the way she smiled in her sleep as you did so.

Suddenly, there was a loud knock on your front door.

Taylor didn't wake up, she only stirred and moved out of your arms to curl back up with her head on one of your pillows.

You didn't know who was at the door but you're already unhappy with them for ruining such a great morning.

You got out of bed and made your way down the hall to the front door.

And when you opened it, to your absolute horror, you saw your ex standing there.

Your heart raced but not for a good reason like it's been with Tay lately.

This time, it was out of anxiety.

Intense anxiety.

"Go away." You said before trying to close the door, only for her to put her foot in the way.

"Don't do that." She said. "I'm warning you, Y/N. I mean it."

You felt the same rush of fear that you felt that night.

It was terrifying to see her standing there.

And as much as you didn't want to admit it, you were scared.

"I've been calling you. You haven't answered me because...?"

You were silent for a second, which angered her.

"I asked you a question!"

"Just leave me alone. We're over."

"No, we aren't." She said as she grabbed your arm. "I will say if and when we are over. We are not over, Y/N!"

"Let go!"

The screaming awoke Taylor and she was quickly by your side.

"Let her go." She said demandingly as she pushed your ex away from you.

"Oh, Taylor. So great to finally meet you. Let's have a little talk, shall we?"

"Yeah, why don't we?" Taylor asked as she stood face to face with your ex, protectively standing in front of you. "If you put your hands on my girl again, I will kick your ass. Got it?"

"She's my girl!"

"No, she isn't! She said it's over and therefore, it's over. You don't own her. It's not up for debate, you're done and that's all there is to it."

Your ex chuckled and folded her arms over her chest.

"I should make you regret ever putting your hands on her."

"Tay, don't." You said as you wrapped your arms around her.

"She deserves it, Y/N! This is the second time she has put her hands on you." Taylor said.

"It's only going to get you into trouble. Be the bigger person."

Taylor so badly wanted to go against what you were saying.

But you were scared and she knew she needed to calm down to comfort you.

Instead of fighting physically, she decided to use her mouth to scare your ex away and make her stay away.

"Here's what's going to happen. You're going to leave Y/N alone and let us move on."

"Or?"

"There's no or. It's not up for discussion, it's what's going to happen or else you're going to regret it."

Taylor was seething.

You'd never seen her so angry.

"Get out of here. Now!" She yelled. "And leave my girl alone!"

Your ex walked away, mumbling to herself about how you just weren't worth it as she left.

The door closed and Taylor turned the lock before turning around and hugging you.

"Are you okay, baby? I'm sorry if I scared you at all, I just had to say those things. I couldn't hold back."

"It's okay, Taylor. I'm okay. Everything's okay."

"I think she'll be leaving you alone from now on."

"I think so too. I'm pretty sure you scared her." You said, making her laugh.

"Good!" Taylor giggled as she held you in her arms, softly kissing your head. "I love you and I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner. You're not hurt, right?"

Your arm was a little red from where it'd been grabbed, but it would go away soon.

"Baby," She sighed sadly.

"I'm okay, my love. I promise." You said as you put your arms around her. "I've got you. You make me feel safe."

"You're always safe with me, darling. I promise I'll never hurt you and I won't ever let her hurt you again, either. I don't care what I have to do. I'll keep you safe, I swear." She said as she kissed your arm.

"I know you will. Thank you." You said before hugging her again. "I love you, Tay."

"I love you more, sweet girl." She said as she rubbed your back soothingly. "Come on, let's go cuddle."

Taylor smiled as she followed you down the hall to your room, swearing to herself that she'd always keep you safe - no matter what.