arguing on your birthday (requested)

"Hi, baby!" You grinned as you watched Taylor walk through the door.

You're even more excited to see her considering it's your special day - your birthday.

Taylor had some commitments she couldn't get out of which you were very understanding of.

But now, even though it's getting late, she's finally home and you can spend some time with her.

"How was your day?"

You weren't the only one to greet Taylor, though.

You and Taylor recently adopted a precious little kitten that desperately needed a home and he has fallen so in love with you and Taylor.

He's very attached to you but he adores Taylor as well so now that she's home, he had to see her.

"Hello, precious!" Taylor smiled as he meowed on the floor.

She picked him up, holding him so carefully and delicately since he was still so tiny.

But her smile faded as she noticed something.

His nails were still long and sharp which meant that they hadn't been clipped, which meant that you hadn't taken him to the vet as planned today.

Then, out of the corner of her eye, she saw the laundry baskets on the floor that were still in the same spot.

Right now, the washer wasn't working and Taylor plans on getting it fixed but these clothes were supposed to be taken to the laundromat today since they urgently needed to be cleaned.

"Did you take the clothes to the laundromat?" She asked as she looked at you.

"Shoot, I totally forgot." You said.

"And you forgot to take him to the vet for his exam and his nails needing to be clipped?"

You hung your head.

You had completely forgotten about those things.

You had been caught up talking on the phone to your friends and family since it was your birthday after all.

"I'm so sorry, Tay. It slipped my mind. I was just busy-"

"Busy? With what? You had nothing to do today." She said. "Were you just busy sitting around?"

"Taylor, that's so unfair and untrue." You said as you frowned. "I forgot two things. The world won't end by me forgetting. I'll just do those things tomorrow."

"But you shouldn't have to do it tomorrow. You were supposed to do it today!" She argued. "I don't ask you for much, Y/N. Just these two things. What's so hard about it?"

"I'm sorry, Taylor! It wasn't intentional!"

She sighed and rubbed her temples.

"Tomorrow was supposed to be my day off now I have more shit to do." She grumbled. "Thanks a lot."

"What do you want me to say? I said sorry more than once already! Do you want me to repeatedly tell you? I'm so sorry, Taylor. I forgot something. Big whoop."

"These were important things, Y/N!"

"Well, I can't turn back time, so all I can do is say sorry and do it tomorrow instead!"

"This is ridiculous." She mumbled.

"Yeah, you know what? It is. I hate arguing with you and especially on my birthday!"

Taylor quickly looked at you, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"What? It's not your birthday."

"Yes, it is. Pretty sure I know what day I was born. So do my family and my friends since they called and talked to me today. Which is why I forgot because I was enjoying conversation on my birthday with my loved ones."

Taylor pulled her phone out to check the date, ready to shut you down and tell you that you were wrong.

But you weren't.

It was your birthday.

"Shit." She said, kicking herself.

"Come on, George. Let's go upstairs." You told your little kitten, who quickly meowed and followed you upstairs.

You slammed the door and turned the lock so Taylor couldn't get in.

"Nice going, Taylor." She mumbled to herself, knowing that she had a lot to make up for.