beach proposals (requested)

"Not that I'm complaining because I'm definitely not, but why did you want to come out here tonight?" You asked Taylor as you walked along the beach together, hand in hand.

"No reason exactly." She fibbed. "It's just such a pretty night and I figured that it'd be romantic to come and walk along the beach together."

Her hand was shaking in yours and the smile on her face was one of nervousness and it made you frown as you realized that she might be a little on edge.

"Baby, what is it?"

"What?"

"You seem nervous." You said as you stopped walking, taking her other hand into yours too. "Are you okay?"

She took a look around and made sure that it was still just the two of you and to her relief, it was.

"I'm sorry. I just have something on my mind."

"What, baby?" You asked as you brushed your fingers across her palm. "It's a beautiful night, so romantic. We're the only ones out here. It's perfect. There's nothing to be nervous about."

"There is, actually." She said before dropping one of your hands. "You know how much I love you, right?"

"I know. You know I love you just as much, if not more."

"Doubtful." She chuckled, making you roll your eyes playfully. "There's something I've been wanting to do. I brought you out here because the beach seemed like such a romantic place for what I want to do. It's just so perfect... like you."

"Oh, Tay," You smiled brightly. "What is that you want to do?"

She took a deep breath before pulling something out from her pocket.

"This." She said.

And as the words left her lips, she got on one knee on the sand and you gasped as you realized what was happening.

The sun was setting, barely anything left of it.

So the only light was basically that of the moon and from that, you saw a ring in her grip.

And it was gorgeous, much like the girl that was giving it to you.

"I love you more than anything and I want you to be my wife. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to grow old with you and adopt more cats together and have a beautiful family together. I want to spend forever by your side, Y/N. Will you spend forever with me? Will you marry me?"

How could you ever say no to that?

The love of your life was on one knee, asking you to be her wife and spend forever with her and it was enough to bring tears to your eyes as your dreams all came true in that moment.

And there was only one word on your lips that you had in response.

"Yes!"

She breathed out a sigh of relief before standing up.

She slipped the ring on your finger before bringing you in for a sweet kiss; your first kiss as her fiancée.

"I love you so much." She said tearfully.

"I love you too, Taylor." You said as you threw your arms around her. "And I can't wait to be your wife."

A tear fell down her cheek as the words left your lips.

Her wife; you were really going to be her wife.

She couldn't be prouder or happier.

"I can't wait for you to be my wife, baby." She said as she rubbed your back.

She closed her eyes and held you under the moonlight.

And as the waves crashed on the shore, you shared a few more kisses, happy to finally be engaged and ready to embark on a new and exciting journey together.