we miss you (requested)

You let out a heavy sigh as you walked into the bedroom.

Taylor was lying on the bed with Benjamin curled up beside her and he purred as she brushed her fingers through his soft fur.

"Hey, Tay," You said tiredly.

"Hey. Have a good day at work today?" Taylor asked.

"Kinda. It was decent but exhausting." You said.

Taylor just wordlessly nodded her head in return.

You're a surgeon and you've only recently returned to work because just a few weeks ago, you and Taylor welcomed your little girl into the world.

You took a little time off to recover from giving birth and caring for your daughter.

You spent some time with her and gave her lots of love and care... before the hospital you work for called and told you that they needed you to return.

So, even though you weren't exactly ready to return, you knew that you were desperately needed and you did so anyway.

Taylor has been taking care of the baby since your return.

She's settled down a little bit now and even though she still loves to write and make music, she doesn't do it to the extent that she used to.

Not because she can't but simply because she enjoys life right now with you and the baby and she wants to take her time and cherish every moment.

However, doing it all on her own for the most part is getting tiring and she's been holding everything back to keep things calm.

But she's about to burst.

"I have to leave at six in the morning so I have a few hours to rest and be with you and the baby."

Taylor shook her head and you frowned at the sight.

"What is it?"

"Nothing." She quietly spoke.

"It's something, Taylor. Just tell me."

"Fine! I know you had to go back to work but we miss you, okay? The baby and I miss you so much!"

"I miss you too." You said in response.

"I've tried to be so supportive of you going back to work because I know you take what you do very seriously, which you should because a lot of people depend on you. But I feel so alone! I'm taking care of our daughter all by myself. You leave at five or six am and don't get home until 10 at night. Then you're exhausted."

"Well, after working long shifts and doing what I do, wouldn't you be?"

"Yes, of course." She said calmly. "But I don't want to do this all by myself, Y/N. We need you too. It's not only your patients and staff that depend on you. Your wife and daughter do too."

You rubbed your tired eyes.

"You're so tired that you can hardly stay awake long enough to care for the baby or spend time with me. It sucks. We miss you so much."

"I know. I miss and need you both too, Taylor. I know I rushed back into things and I shouldn't have. I don't think I was fully prepared."

She scooted closer to you and put her hand on your back.

"It's hard being away from my girls." You said as you put your head on her shoulder. "Sometimes, it's overwhelming."

"I understand, baby, I do. That's why I'm not in any hurry to get back into the studio. I need to take care of my girls and I need you both with me. You're a new mom. You just had a baby a few weeks ago. You shouldn't be pushing yourself this hard."

You let out a heavy sigh.

"Can you please step back a little? Please take some more time off to spend with us. We love you."

"I love you both too." You sniffled. "Yes, I'll take some time off. I'll call in the morning and explain everything. I need some time with my favorite girls."

She smiled and kissed your lips lovingly before pulling you into her arms.

"I'll be around more. No more long and exhausting shifts. I need to focus on my girls."

You brushed your thumb across her lower lip and she stared adoringly into your eyes.

"I look forward to it and I know the baby is going to be so happy. She's been so fussy. She misses you."

You pulled away from her and got up as Taylor did the same.

She followed you across the hall into the nursery and leaned against the doorway as you picked up your sleeping daughter.

"Hi, angel. Mommy's here. Mommy's going to be here so much more, I promise." You said as you kissed her head softly.

Taylor smiled brightly at the sight, happy that you'd had that conversation because it was much needed and things were going to get a lot better for you both.