you're extremely anxious (requested)

Author's Note: Happy Birthday to my favorite human in the entire world. I could go on forever and ever about how much Taylor means to me. Thank you for existing and making me happy every single day. Love you to the moon and to saturn Tay 🫶🏻🖤

—————————————————

You dropped your things by the door as you walked inside.

As you quietly shut the door behind you and then turned the lock, you leaned against it and closed your eyes with a heavy sigh.

It's after one am and you're just now arriving home.

Work ran late and your work friends wanted to go out to get a drink or two before you'd head home.

You texted Taylor to see if she was alright with it and, knowing that you've been pretty stressed out lately, encouraged you to do so.

But now you're regretting it because it's late and dark, and you're struggling to move due to the exhaustion you feel and the weight on your shoulders.

Instead, after the awful week you've been having, you can't even imagine getting to sleep tonight.

You have so much on your mind and you're under so much stress and pressure that you can't take it.

Upon opening your eyes, you dragged your feet as you made your way into the kitchen to get some more water.

You've had a lot tonight because even though you only had one alcoholic beverage at the bar tonight, you know it's important to drink as much water as possible.

Reaching into the fridge, you grabbed a cold bottle and then unscrewed the cap to take a few sips.

You leaned against the counter, resting your elbows on it as you lowered your head and tangled your fingers into your hair.

Life has been weighing you down a lot lately and you miss the days when you felt happier and more at ease.

You miss spending time with your sweet, beautiful girlfriend Taylor.

It used to be that she wouldn't arrive home until the early hours of the morning but things have calmed down for her a little, at least for a few months.

These last few days, you've been arriving home later than usual because work is so chaotic.

You haven't had the time to do much lately.

To stop and take a breath and cherish those around you, especially Taylor.

You haven't had much time to sleep or eat well and you're exhausted.

You can feel it all catching up to you now; physically, emotionally, and mentally.

You sat on the kitchen floor and pulled your knees to your chest as your thoughts began to overwhelm you.

Soon enough, you were struggling to breathe as your heart hammered against your chest and your palms sweat.

You knew you were having an anxiety attack due to being so extremely anxious and all the things you do usually that help didn't seem to do anything for you right now.

You squeezed your eyes shut and wished that it would stop.

And, just then, you heard footsteps approaching the kitchen.

You knew it was Taylor.

She was humming quietly along to a song she'd been working on.

She stepped into the kitchen, freezing upon noticing that the light was on but the room seemed empty.