waking up from a coma - part two (requested)

You got situated on your sofa and reached for the remote to turn the tv on.

It felt nice to finally be home, though you have to admit that it doesn't feel as good as it would if Taylor was still around.

Since that day when she confessed that she'd moved on while you were still in a coma, you haven't spoken to her.

You ignore her calls and her texts because you have absolutely nothing to say to her right now, not after what she did to you.

You were just about to lie down and watch your favorite show for a while when there was a knock at your front door.

It wasn't that surprising considering your loved ones know that you're home.

You figured it was one of them stopping by to see how you're doing.

But, to your surprise, it was actually Taylor.

"What are you doing here?" You asked.

She had a bouquet of flowers in her hand; your favorite kind.

"I came to see you. I heard you got discharged. I wanted to see how you're doing."

"Well, you know, I'd be doing a lot better had I not found out that my ex-girlfriend was with someone else while I was in a fucking coma! But you know, pretty good, I guess. All things considered."

She sighed as she hung her head.

"I know that I messed up. But things are over between her and me."

"Oh, because I'm awake now, right? If I was still in that coma, you'd still be with her! I needed you, Taylor. I understand it was hard on you. But come on three months? And while I was in a coma?"

"I told you, I needed to heal. It was so hard to see you that way. I couldn't deal with it!"

"Any other person would stay there day and night waiting for their girlfriend to wake up. You chose not to! You decided to move on and be with someone else!"

"If it were me, you would've waited?"

"Yes. Absolutely, yes. Without a doubt. I would've held your hand and stayed there day and night with you while waiting for you to wake up."

"It takes a toll on you, Y/N. It's not that easy to go through."

"Yeah, well, now you don't have to worry about anything because I'm awake and I'm home and we're over."

"What? Over?"

"Yeah. You moved on."

"But I broke up with her! For you. So we could be together again."

"You think I can just forgive you? Because I can't. Not right now, Taylor."

She hung her head once more, this time in sadness and shame.

"You can take those flowers and give them to someone else. I don't want them."

"Y/N, please," She begged as you went to close the door. "I love you."

"If you loved me, you wouldn't have dated someone else while I was in a coma, Taylor. You don't love me. You never did."

"Y/N,"

"Just go." You said and she breathed out a sad sigh before placing the flowers on your front porch step.

"If you ever decide to forgive me, I'm only a phone call away."

"I won't, though." You said and watched her turn around to go back to her car. "Goodbye, Taylor."

You closed the front door and leaned against it, exhaling heavily as you prepared to close that chapter of your life.

For good.