cryptic pregnancy (requested)

"Baby, I think I should take you to the hospital," Taylor said as she continued to rub your back comfortingly.

For the last few hours, you've been in the most excruciating pain you've ever felt.

It didn't start that way though.

At first, you felt as if you were having period cramps, and, knowing that you're supposed to start soon, you brushed it off and told yourself that your period would arrive in the next couple of days.

But the pain has only gotten worse and worse since then and it's to the point where it's unbearable.

"Something's not right. You've never been in this much pain before. What if it's something serious?" She worriedly spoke.

She wasn't trying to scare you but that's the one thing that's been wandering through her mind; what if this agonizing pain is the sign of something being very wrong?

The hospital is the last place you want to be right now because, with the pain you're in, you just want to be in the comfort of the bed you and Taylor share, where you feel warm and safe.

But you know she might be right.

This pain is worse than anything you've ever experienced and you can't deny that you're worried that something is very wrong.

"Okay." You agreed.

"Alright, I'm going to get my shoes on. Do you think you'll be okay without me for a second?" She asked as she had you sit on the foot of the bed.

You nodded and closed your eyes as she kissed your forehead.

"I'll be right back." She said before hurrying to grab her shoes.

She was back by your side within a heartbeat and just in time as it seemed that the pain was just getting worse.

"Oh, god," You groaned.

"Shh, it's okay, baby. We're going to the hospital and everything's going to be alright."

She wasn't just trying to convince you and calm your worries but she was trying to do the same for herself because she was just as scared as you.

Seeing you in this much pain was crushing for her because no matter what she does and no matter how hard she tries, nothing seems to be working.

She's desperate to see you out of pain.

"I'm going to help you downstairs and to the car, okay?" She said as she helped you up from the bed.

Each step was agonizing and you even had to stop a couple of times along the way, the pain so bad you were doubled over.

Once you were in the car, Taylor sped off and tried to get you to the hospital as fast as she possibly could.

It felt like an eternity before she pulled into a parking space but once she did, she pulled the keys out and jumped out of the car before rushing to your side.

"Tay, it hurts so bad." You groaned and tried to take a few deep breaths.

"I know, darling." She whispered. "I'm sorry. I wish I could take all your pain away. It breaks my heart to see you like this. But we just got to get in there and then we can figure out what's going on, okay? And then you'll feel better."

She was brushing her fingers across your shoulders but she quickly moved them to take ahold of yours.

"If it helps, you can squeeze my hands as tight as you need to." She said as she kissed your temple softly.

You squeezed her hands tight and closed your eyes as you took in deep, slow breaths.

"Okay, let's get you inside." She said when the pain seemed to let up for a second.