Mute-1~|JJK|

"Dad, what is wrong with you? I do not want to get married this early and I truly don't want an arranged marriage!" Jungkook said annoyed.

"I am getting old and will get retired soon and you know this very well that you can't become the next president until you get married. I will give you one week and till then you should find me a befitting daughter-in-law or else I will get you hitched with a girl of my choice! Understood?" his dad said and stood up from the dining table.

Jungkook's father was the president of Korea and was going to get retired soon. He wanted his son to take his place and hence Jungkook was required to get married as the law said.

Jungkook groaned. He wanted to become the next president but not by marrying just anyone. He had plans for his marriage.

————

"Would you Jeon Jungkook take Ji-Shaine as your lawfully wedded wife?" The priest asked Jungkook who was visibly sad.

He was marrying the girl his father had chosen. He couldn't find a girl for himself in one week and nor could he lose the president's seat.

He didn't even know anything about her except her name.

Shaine was from a middle-class family. She had graduated from the top University in the world on scholarship and topped her batch.

She caught his dad's eye after he saw an article about her in a magazine.

Shaine's parents couldn't just reject Jungkook's proposal because of his dad's stature. Even Shaine didn't know about Jungkook a week before until his father dropped the marriage proposal.

"Yes, I do!" Jungkook quickly spoke when his father glared at him. He was always scared of his dad.

"Do you Ji-Shaine take Jeon Jungkook as your lawfully wedded husband?"

She was silent. The media and the guests around started whispering. Jungkook frowned.

'What is wrong with her' he thought.

He looked at his personal secretary, Cha-Eunwoo in a questioning manner and he nervously smiled before mumbling.

'She is mute sir!'

Jungkook's eyes widened. His father had not mentioned that even when he knew it.

Jungkook looked at his dad in shock and his dad gave him a slight nod and beckoned him to stay quiet.

He clenched his fists to control himself and looked ahead. Shaine nodded her head.

"I announce you both as husband and wife. You may kiss the bride now." the priest announced. Jungkook sighed. He had to kiss her because of the media.

He held her hand and bent down and kissed her fingers.

The crowd cheered at the gesture not knowing the truth.

————

"Sir, I am sorry. Mr. Jeon had strictly instructed me to not inform you about this." Eunwoo said in fear as Jungkook was strangling him.

"Oh! So you knew it even before the wedding ceremony. I thought we were good friends. You are a snake!" he said and Eunwoo pushed him before running away.

Jungkook ran behind him and pushed him onto the floor before straddling his waist. He took out his gun and pointed it at his neck.

"I am sorry, please leave my life. I have a young wife and old parents. I am the only breadwinner." Eunwoo said joining his hands in front of him.

"Mercy? You got me married to a mute girl. I'll have to incur her for my whole life! Why didn't you show mercy on me before? " Jungkook glared at him.

"JUNGKOOK!" Mr. Jeon shouted and Jungkook got distracted and Eunwoo pushed his gun somewhere and sighed in relief.