40

Jin was looking pale and weak after her first surgery. Jungkook was having second thoughts on letting Jin to undergo another surgery. He knew that the doctor had already mentioned about Jin's condition. But the other was adamant in getting the major surgery.

Jungkook could do nothing but be there for her. The daughters were cutely sleeping in the guest bed in the room, while Jungkook was softly caressing Jin's hands. They looked so thin like Jin had lost weight in overnight.

After the first surgery, Jin was brought back to her room to rest. The last surgery will take place in few days. The doctors wanted the patient to be strong enough to undergo the next one. It was the most crucial and dangerous one. 

Jin was smiling softly by looking at her fiancé kissing her knuckles. She shakily reached her hands to stroke Jungkook's hair who looked at her with wide doe eyes.

"Baby, you need anything?" When Jungkook was about to get up, Jin shook her head and tightened her hands signaling her fiancé to not move.

"You are the best thing that happened to me in my life, Jungkook." Jin whispered slowly and she felt pain with every word she spoke. But she felt like she would regret had she not opened her heart to Jungkook now.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and looked at Jin softly. He cupped those cheek and brushed softly.

"Jin, why are you saying this all out of sudden. I am getting terrified, sweetheart." Jin smiled weakly.

"I feel like I never opened up myself to you, Jungkook. You deserve to know how much I love you." Jungkook shook his head and leaned to press a kiss on her forehead. Her body was burning up, and it felt like she was running a fever.

"I know, baby. You show me everyday." Jungkook whispered back with tears which he didn't know it was coming. Jin softly wiped those precious tears and breathed softly.

"I was nobody and just a random person leading my life without any motivation. Most of them considered me as a sin and outcasted me for who I am. Nobody looked at me with love but hate. I longed for the love and happiness whenever I saw a family. I wanted to have one myself too. Except my family didn't consider me as a human being at all. 

I-Is it my mistake that I was born like this? Is it really sin for what I really want in my life? I-Is it not the heart more important than just a gender? Everyone saw me as different while I am no different from others. 

Everyone hated me, and I really wished someone would see my true self and love me for myself. I thought I would end up alone in my life because of who I am. But then you appeared out of nowhere. 

Thanks for coming into my life, Kook. These years with you were like a heaven. I feel like I have lived my life to the fullest." Jungkook immediately shook his head.

"No, you did not. We still have lot more to do. We should get married, go on honeymoon and explore the world."

Jin chuckled softly and nodded. She hissed when she felt a pain in her lower region. Jungkook noticed it and held her face softly.

"Are you in pain?"

"A-A little but that's okay." Jin whispered and called Jungkook to lean further by signaling her index finger. They shared a small kiss before closing their eyes by keeping their foreheads touched.

"I love you, Jungkook. So much. So much that it hurts my heart."

Jungkook softly chuckled and let his tears fall from his eyes. He breathed a heavy sigh and pecked Jin's nose.

"I love you too, sweetheart. Please be strong." Jungkook whispered and soon he heard soft snores. He let Jin to rest while staying at the side of the bed all night. He had spent the next few days at the hospital, seeing the nurses changing the IV for Jin and giving so many medications.

On the fifth day, the doctor came and told them that they were ready to do the major surgery. Jungkook felt something tugging his heart by seeing how weak Jin was even after all the feedings.

"S-She looks weaker than before, doctor. Is it safe to proceed?"

Jungkook was in the doctor's room, because he didn't want Jin to hear him worrying about it.

"I am aware of that too Mr.Jeon. But we can't let her be like this without doing the surgery. We have removed her main organ and we need to replace it soon. She might be exposed to infections or some diseases if we delay any further."

Jungkook didn't understand a single thing which the doctor was saying. All he cared about was Jin's health and wellbeing.

"P-Please tell me, she will make it out from this." 

"Mr. Jeon, I am not going to lie. There are people who are leading their lives successfully after the surgery, and there are few who didn't make it out. We always do our jobs to the best but we could never guarantee."

Jungkook gulped hard and didn't know what to do. But he knew that Jin can't wait anymore. So he nodded and went to the room to see Jin being already ready for the surgery. Their daughters were giving her boost and kisses on her cheeks. 

A weak smile played over the plump lips when the alpaca eyes met the doe eyes. Jungkook tried to smile his best and walked towards his fiancé.

The couple shared a beautiful kiss and Jungkook peppering her with butterfly kisses all over Jin's face.

"You can do it, Jin. I will wait for you." Jungkook whispered and soon he saw Jin being taken to the operation room with nurses. He was waiting outside and his eyes were getting teary when nurses were going in and out of the room and running.

Something was not feeling well in Jungkook's heart and he was waiting for somebody to stop and explain to him what was happening inside. He so badly wanted to know the situation of his fiancé inside.

It felt like hours since he had been waiting for the news. And when he saw the doctors and nurses coming outside murmuring within them, he ran to them.

"D-Doc, h-how is she? Is Jin okay?"

Jungkook was holding back his tears and begged with puppy eyes to hear a good news. But a small pat on his shoulders and a smile made his heart little easy.

"The operation is successful, Mr. Jeon. But we need her to stay in the hospital to take some tests and monitor her body. She can be discharged once we confirm that everything is okay."

With that the doctor Kim Soohyun and others walked past him and Jungkook's heart was beating faster when he saw his fiancé was moved in the stretcher outside the room. He accompanied them, and once Jin was settled in her room, everyone went except for the Jeons family.

Jungkook looked at his fiancé who was looking pale and weak. But she made it out. She was strong and she made through the operation. That's what mattered him the most. The girls were already sleeping on the sofas, and Jimin was on his way to see his best friend.

Jin was still attached with the IV machine and she was being monitored 24/7. Jungkook scooted his fiancé over the bed a little and he laid beside her. His tattooed fingers traced over the beautiful cheeks and he nuzzled his nose in Jin's neck.

Jungkook softly placed his hands over Jin's waist and hugged her in side. He inhaled deeply and felt relieved when he felt the heartbeats under his touch.

"I am so happy that you are here, baby. Thanks for being strong for me." Jungkook whispered and let his tears fall free from his eyes. He didn't know he was crying until he saw Jin's hospital dress getting drenched with his tears. But he was not bothered about it.

All it mattered was that his fiancé was safe in his arms again. And now they can lead their lives happily, just like how they dreamed it to be.