Chapter 39

Sayuri hawks can locate Gaara. After finishing healing, the group was joined by Kakashi and Guy, who came to help Naruto and his team. Kakashi and Guy met another member of Akatsuki, who is none other than Kisame, and Guy took care of Kisame while sending Kakashi and his team to Suna for their assistance.

After some time, both Kakashi and his team arrived and saw that Naruto and his team had already healed Kankuro, and Kakashi said that his team would protect Suna from any attacks from Akatsuki. The team consists of Asuma, Shikamaru, and Choji.

After Karin healed Kankuro, Kankuro gave them a piece of cloth from Sasori that he got while fighting the puppeteer, and Kakshi summoned his dog and told them to follow the smell, and Sayuri summoned her hawk to see if they were on the right track. As the team prepared to leave, Chiyo-sama expressed her desire to accompany them.

They set up a place to rest during the night, and they all went to rest for the fight with the Akatsuki duo.

Later that day, the group of Konoha shinobi and the Suna elder entered River Country. Pakun, led by Kakashi's summons, is quickly catching up to the Akatsuki.

"The scent is getting stronger; we are only a couple of hours away," Pakun said.

"Good, we can't let them remove Shukaku from Gaara," Chiyo said, a frown etched across her face. They all nodded in agreement.

The group continued silently towards the destination, with Naruto worrying about his friend.

"Brat, be careful | sense a certain Uchiha's chakra." Warned Kurama.

'So, just now wanting to wake up from your nap?' Naruto sarcastically asked the fox.

"Will you shut the hell up and watch out! I'm being serious here.." yelled Kurama to his dumbass of a host.

Soon enough, they stopped and came face to face with...

"Izumi Uchiha," Kakashi breathed out.

"It's been a while, Kakashi-San, Naruto-kun, and Sayuri-chan." Sayuri was both happy and sad to see her sister, Itachi said monotonously. Kurama then decided to speak up.

"Naruto, she's nothing but a clone, but be wary of her," Kurama said.

"You're not taking Naruto." Kakashi took a defensive stance, raising his headband to reveal his sharingan eye.

"Relax, Kakashi; she couldn't take me even if she were here," Naruto explained.

"What do you mean, kid?" She's directly in front of us." Chiyo stated.

"No shit, Sherlock, but I'm sure you can tell she's not Izumi. Is that correct, Kakashi?" Naruto said this.

"Hm.. I was curious as to why she hadn't activated her sharingan yet."

"You certainly are full of surprises, Naruto-kun; well, I didn't come here to talk, so shall we just begin?" Izumi said calmly.

Kakashi made the first move by engaging Izumi in a taijutsu battle.

Naruto stood motionless until he felt a presence behind him, about to lunge at him. Quickly spinning around faster than anyone could see, Naruto kicked the hell out of an Izumi clone, causing the clone to disperse like crows.

Chiyo was astounded by Naruto's strength in eliminating Izumi's clone in a single blow. Even though she was still fighting Kakashi, Izumi surprised herself.

Kakashi had just run his Chidori through Izumi's chest, dispersing her clone.

When it dispersed, the confetti-like paper accompanying it was Suna-Captain Yuura.

Naruto then took off the man's headband and handed it over to Chiyo.

"The man still deserves to be grieved by his family," Naruto stated quietly.

"You are a strange person, Naruto Uzumaki," Chiyo commented.

Naruto simply shrugged.

"How so?" he inquired.

"You show kindness to people who do not deserve it, like this man." Chiyo remarked, somewhat distantly.

"It just feels right." "I guess it's just the way I am." He simply stated that it was the simplest thing in the world.

They then left the area to catch up with Gaara before his biju was fully extracted.

The group started to go toward where Gaara's Chakra when Chiyo decided to ask a question. "Why do you try so hard for Gaara's sake? Is it because you want something from him?"

"Gaara is my brother in pain and Bijuu, and he's also my friend. I know friendship is something an old hag like you wouldn't get, but that's just how it is," Naruto says as Sayuri snickers.

"Friendship, huh?" Chiyo asks before scoffing.

"We're here," Naruto says as they arrive at a giant boulder with a seal on it. "They're just behind there," Naruto says.

"Hey, Naruto, what kind of seal is that?" Satsuki asks.

Naruto walks up the bolder as Satsuki walks next to him. "It's a barrier seal. It's a seal that's supposed to keep people out. The way to unlock the seal is by finding two tags and ripping them off simultaneously, then destroying the bolder the moment both tags are off. By the look of it, though, there's an easier way to get in."

"How so?" Sayuri asks.

"This is an Earth seal. Each type of seal has its own Chakra nature, and just like normal Chakra natures, they're weak to a different seal. If I use a lightning seal on this thing, the tag will crumble," Naruto says while standing up on the wall. He takes Stormbreaker off his back before drawing a circle with his Chakra. The Chakra resembled blue lightning Chakra. Naruto bears a deep breath before slashing the Kanji for lightning in the middle of the Chakra circle.

The seal crumbles away and fades into the wind. "Does anyone have a strong enough move to break the bolder?" Kakashi asks.

"My Susanoo arrow should be able to break it," Sayuri says.

"You're going to go blind if you keep using your Susanoo," Naruto says while touching Sayuri's eyelids, putting some of Kurama's chakra into them. "That is what you call a temporary fix."

Sayuri blinks a bit before looking at Naruto. 'This is the guy I'm dating? She asks herself, practically drooling. "R-Right," Sayuri says, blushing.

"Karin take care of the boulder " Naruto said as Karin uses her Super strength and destroy the boulder.

BOOM!

As quickly as everyone could, they went to the side of the cave to avoid rocks from hitting them.

Once the explosion was don't, the team went inside the cave and was shocked at what they found.

They saw the Akatsuki member Deidara sitting on top of Gaara's dead body playing with it.

"GAARA," Naruto yelled.

"Oh him? He's been dead for a minute, Kyuubi jinchuriki. Too bad you almost made it too, but oh well, you'll join him sooner or later." Deidara said tauntingly, smirking.

"Focus, Naruto...don't let him get to you," Kurama said.

What happened next? No one was expecting from Naruto. Naruto became stoned face making him devoid of all emotion, and he glared at Deidara with icy blue eyes that could even make a biju stop.

Naruto then threw one of his signature Tri-pronged kunai right by Gaara's body and, in a flash, next to Deidara, grabbed his arm and twisted it, finally breaking it with his foot and throwing his arm to the side, kicking him along with it.

Deidara threw clay birds on the ground with the last arm he had left, creating a smoke screen. They saw Deidara on a clay bird with Gaara in tow when the dust cleared.

"Give us back, Gaara!" Naruto growled out in annoyance.

----------------------------

In the next chapter, we will Naruto fight with bomber and saving Gaara from the him.

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter.