Chapter Twenty Four

The afternoon soon turned to evening, and apart from consuming an extravagant cheeseboard that Johnny had prepared, the pair just spent the day chatting, and enjoying one another's company. "I can't believe you leave on Friday." Johnny said whilst his fingers played with a random curl of Lexie's hair. With her being considerably smaller than him, she fit perfectly tucked under his arm with her head on his shoulder. It was a fairly intimate embrace for two people who had only just admitted their feelings but they didn't care. "I know! It's gone so fast, I can't believe it." "I can't believe we didn't realise how we felt earlier on, we could have had a lot of fun this month." Lexie smirked and replied "Maybe it was this month that made us feel this way, you'll never know." "Very true. What's your plan for the last week?" "On set, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning, then we are going to that new rooftop bar that's just opened. Lunch and free bar as a wrap party so I'm told." "Nice, that will be fun. Then what?" "Nothing. My flight home is 10pm Friday." "I'll organise a jet for you if you would prefer?" "Johnny!! Don't be silly, I'll be fine." "But I care about you, I want you to have the best and to be comfortable." "I'm sure I'll survive business class. Thank you though. I appreciate it." Lexie said smiling. "So you're free Thursday?" "Yeah I'm staying at Gary's now until Friday. The kids will wanna say goodbye and no point moving back to the suite for just three nights of work." "I would love to take you to dinner Thursday but I've kinda already agreed to other plans, the Vampires and I are having dinner, would you like to join?" "Oh Johnny I wouldn't want to intrude." "You wouldn't be. You'll be coming as my guest, please? It will be good to see you before you fly home." "Sure I would love to." "Great, I'll find out the details and send them to you." Lexie smiled before sipping her wine.

The brunette couldn't believe the situation, here she was sat out on Johnny's terrace where he had just declared he had feelings for her, where she just confirmed the feelings were mutual, they had discussed going on dates and now he was inviting her to dinner with his band. She was sure she would wake up shortly and it would all be a dream. The breeze had picked up a little as the sun was setting and Johnny noticed Lexie shiver, he stood and began lighting the fire pit that was positioned in the middle of the seating area. He then headed the short distance to the doors leading into the house before reappearing with a battered leather jacket. He offered it to her, and she initially refused claiming "My coat is inside I can go grab it." "No don't be silly, take this," Lexie smiled and let him place it round her shoulders. It was an extremely cute gesture, she was old school and she loved how he was the ultimate gentleman. "We can head inside if you don't warm up in a few minutes." "No really I like it out here." She smiled. "Me too." Johnny said before sitting back down beside her.

"Are you missing your folks?" "Yes very much so. Dad has finished in South Africa now and is on his way back to London as we speak. I'm sure him and mum will be at my house before I even land on Saturday." "That's sweet, I can't imagine what it's like having you jet off here there and everywhere." "It's part of the job isn't it, you probably find it hard yourself being away from the kids?" "Yeah whenever I can I always try and get back to them or get them to me somehow. Sometimes it's harder than that but hopefully they don't suffer too much. They really are great kids." "They are beautiful, they look so like you and Vanessa, it's scary." Johnny smiled "Thank you, they are my two gods."

The evening went on similarly and come 11pm Lexie felt like she had been there forever. "I really should get back. I'm back on set tomorrow at 9." "That's ok doll, sorry to have kept you so late." "God don't apologise, I'm sorry if I outstayed my welcome! I had no idea it got so late." "Ha, you'll always be welcome here doll." "Thank you, it's a lovely house." Johnny smiled as he escorted Lexie to the doors to re-enter the house. She turned to say something to him but he grabbed her face and kissed her again. It was a steamy kiss and by far the most passionate of the two they had shared that day. She gently pulled back and he bit his lip chuckling. "Sorry.." he muttered making her smile. "Don't ever apologise for that." She flirted. He held her hand and led her to the front door. The buzzer went "That must be your guy now." They lent in and kissed again, this time as they pulled back their foreheads rested against one another, they were both thinking the same thing. "You're not that kinda girl." Johnny whispered. Lexie simply replied "and you're not that kinda guy Johnny." They both knew what they were referring to, and although in the heat of the moment it could have been a lot of fun, they knew to take things slow. "I'll see you Thursday?" Lexie asked and Johnny nodded kissing her cheek once more. "See you then Mon Chéri." Lexie waved as she jumped in the waiting car.