Chapter Thirty Three

A few days later, Lexie returned to Johnny's house one evening where he asked her opinion on a new song he was writing. He sat on the couch playing his guitar singing the lyrics whilst Lexie watched on. She was amazed at the man's talents. She knew he had been working on this track for some time and he was irritated that he hadn't finished it yet. In the end after texting all day about it Johnny invited her over and they worked on the last verse together.

"Johnny it's amazing! So so good. I love it." She said smiling. "Thank you darling. Drink?" Lexie nodded as Johnny stood and went and grabbed a bottle of whiskey that was on the makeshift bar. He poured them both equal slugs in glasses before returning to the girl. He handed her one of them before taking a sip of his own. "Enough of my music, let's listen to something decent." He said putting a record on the player.  It was Bob Marley and Lexie knew Johnny was a huge fan.

On their third official date, Lexie invited Johnny back over to her house for Sunday lunch. He had claimed in one of their many conversations that he couldn't remember the last time he had a proper British Roast so Lexie took it upon herself to make one. She had learnt all she knew about cooking and baking from her mother and grandmothers and put all their teaching to good use in order to prepare a spectacular meal for Johnny, finished off with traditional Apple crumble and custard which he had double helpings of. "Darling, if you're gonna continue feeding me like this, I'm going to have to get a personal trainer. I'm not sure how you stay so slim eating like this. Where do you put it?" "Ha, well I'm rehearsing for the performances right now so I would say 4 hours of dancing and singing every day probably has something to do with it!" "Look, I've been thinking. If we choose our venue wisely, and don't make a big song and dance of it, I think we will definitely get away with going out somewhere to dinner don't you?" "Really?" Lexie smiled "Well yes, and as it was pointed out to me recently I don't want you to ever feel like I'm hiding you." "Johnny you know I don't feel like that." "I know but let's try it, one dinner?" "That would be lovely." "Does Wednesday work?" "It sure does." "Ok I'll pick you up at 8." He smiled kissing her passionately before beginning to roll a cigarette.

Wednesday evening was a disaster for Lexie, she had slightly burnt her hand curling her hair, sneezed when doing her make up jogging her mascara which left her looking like she had a black eye and now she was rummaging in her large closet for a black clutch bag that she knew was there she just couldn't find it. Her phone rang and she answered it putting it on speaker
"Hey it's me."
"Hey Kate you ok?"
"Yeah, I was gonna book that table for Friday for Jamie's birthday but everyone is bailing, do you wanna just come over for a takeaway instead? It'll just be us, you, Em and Max?"
"Oh yeah sure, course. If that's what Jamie wants to do?"
"Yeah he's got that golf day with his dad and brothers on Saturday anyway so shouldn't be a big one."
"Ok sure thing, I got him that shirt he wanted from Ralph Lauren. I got it in both shades of blue in the end!
"Lex, that's far too generous,"
"Oh stop. Anyway I better go."
"Oh where are you off to?"
"I've got a date with Johnny."
"Wow, another?"
"Yeah. Why?"
"No reason. How's it going?"
"Yeah amazing it's like nothing has changed but everything has?"
"Cute, do you wanna bring him on Friday?"
"Seriously?"
"Well up to you, not sure if you think it's too soon but he's welcome."
"Ok I'll speak to him."
"Ok let me know."

Johnny's car drove into the driveway, Sean now knew the access code and could come and go as he pleased. Johnny knocked on the door and was greeted by Lexie who had a beaming smile albeit a little flustered. "Hey, come in, sorry Kate called, I just need to grab my shoes." It was then he noticed she was running round bare foot looking extremely cute. He walked in and hung in the living area whilst she shot back up the stairs at record speed. A few minutes later, she came down in barely there heels and smiled when she stopped in front of him. She lent in and kissed him throwing her arms around his neck, "Now that's the hello I've got used to." He smirked wrapping his arms round her waist. She was wearing a cute black tux style mini dress with gold buttons on, and had a clutch bag in her hand. "I'm ready Mr Depp!" "Ah maybe dinners out are overrated? We could just stay in?" "We could.. but where's the fun in that?" Johnny shrugged. "Come on let's go to dinner, and then we can have fun when we come home." "Oh yeah, what sort of man do you think I am?" "One who enjoys being naked in bed...." Lexie could be the ultimate flirt without realising as she walked straight past Johnny to her front door, a sway in her hips because she knew his eyes were on her.