Chapter One Hundred and Eleven

"Johnny! We are gonna be late, get out the shower!!" Lexie said loudly from the bedroom, today was the second of the Jeff Beck Tribute concerts in London. Lexie had donned a black leather pencil skirt, with a black lace balconette style bodysuit, and her trusty Louboutins. She chucked her leather jacket over her shoulders and grabbed a small clutch bag from the wardrobe and began filling it with the essentials before banging on the en suite door once more. Johnny finally emerged half dressed with multiple layers on as he headed to his side of the bed and sat down. He grabbed some bits out of his bedside table and attached some accessories to his belt loops before declaring himself ready. He stood and smiled at his wife, "As always you look fucking insanely beautiful my love." She smiled and thanked him for his compliment even though she didn't feel it, bloated, tired, and a little off colour but then again it was due to be that time of the month that no woman enjoyed.

The pair arrived at The Royal Albert hall and Johnny rushed off to do sound checks with the other artists whilst Lexie greeted Sandra. "How come you're only singing one track Lexie? You know Jeff loved your voice." "Oh I wasn't even sure if I should do one. After all none of Jeff's fans will care about my music will they?" "Nonsense, you've got an incredible voice and can sing anything, I'm glad you're a part of it." "Thank you Sandra. They seemed to like it last night so fingers crossed. Would you excuse me, Kate is over there and I need to debrief with her about something."

Lexie approached her best friend come assistant who was rubbing her now prominent baby bump. "Hey you. Late again I see." Kate said smirking. "You know it's never my fault... Johnny slept in and then I don't know where the morning went." "Judging by your lack of response when I phoned and text I would say it was spent with you and him naked in bed?" "Well you guessed correctly but I was gonna save you from the intimate details." The girls giggled. "So..." Kate asked. "So what?" Lexie asked in a hushed tone. "Any sign?" "No... nothing. My boobs are killing me and my back is aching but I usually get that... I'm 3 days late now." Lexie whispered. "Why don't you just do a test? You can't be sure that you missed last month because you were poorly." "Kate.. I'm not pregnant, I would know if I was I mean look at me. Do I look any different?" "Well your rack looks SENSATIONAL in that top but no I guess not?" "Kate I'm not pregnant I just need to get the whole baby thing out my head. Besides we haven't even been married 6 months and we haven't even tried so what's the point in getting hung up about it all. It's probably because I've come off the pill that everything is out of sorts." "Ok I guess.. I need you to check a few emails and then I think you're sound check is at 3:30.  Wanna grab a coffee?" "Sure thing let me see what J is up to."

Later that day, Lexie had changed into a gorgeous black evening dress for her performance and her mum was touching up her make up in one of the many dressing rooms laid on for the acts who were taking part in the concert. Tom walked in with what looked like a run over kebab but he informed his wife, daughter and Kate it was in fact a Taco that "one of the guys" had ordered in. Although Lexie loved how involved her Dad had got with Johnny and his friends she really didn't appreciate the smell the food had been bought into her dressing room. "Ewww god Dad how can you eat that? It stinks." His eyes widened as he sat on the couch and he took another bite. "It's not that bad love." He said with a mouthful, it was his wife's turn to moan "That's disgusting.. sometimes you eat like an animal." "Well I can't help that I've not eaten all day and we've been busy can I? Lex I'll order you something in if you want?" "No what I need is..." she covered her mouth with her hand composed herself before continuing "I need..." she covered her mouth again before rushing into the en suite and emptying her stomach. Kate's eyes widened, "Jesus Lex it's just a taco!" Lizzie rushed to her daughter "Oh darling. Are you ok? Maybe it's the nerves that got to you?" Lexie nodded wiping her mouth and brushing her teeth before re entering the dressing room, her mum touched up the lipstick before the stage hand knocked on the door telling Lexie the show was about to begin. Composing herself the woman led the group out her dressing room, she bumped into Johnny in the corridor. "Doll I'm so sorry.. I lost track of time. Are you ok? Are you ready? I love you." He said kissing her softly. "I'm ok, don't be silly. Let's do this." All the acts gathered in the wings of the stage as the show began. She kissed her husband once more for good luck before he entered the stage and was greeted by the roaring crowd. Kate tapped her on the shoulder and gave her a look that said everything that needed to be said, "Ok fine. Go. Get a few, take Travis with you and be back ASAP." Lexie said hugging her best friend who rushed off to Travis who was lingering. She saw Kate whisper in his ear before he looked over at her, "Go." Lexie whispered and Travis nodded before the pair rushed off.

Johnny performed with various stars before coming off the stage. Lexie was in a complete panic, how would he feel if she was pregnant again? Would she be able to stop her body failing her this time? She desperately tried to clear her mind ready for her own performance but couldn't focus at all awaiting Kate's return. "You ready doll?" Johnny startled her and she nodded grabbing her microphone. He rushed back out with his guitar around his back and approached a mic stand. "Ladies and gentleman... Mr Jeff always wondered how I got so lucky and I still to this day don't know why she loves me but please put your hands together for my incredible wife, Lexie Donnington Depp." The crowd cheered as Lexie walked out and waved, she smiled at Johnny before kissing his cheek and the band began. She was singing a cover of I put a Spell on you, Johnny and her had been rehearsing it for some time and she loved it. She loved covering legendary artists music and gave it her all, for Jeff. A very dearly missed friend.

Lexie smashed the song and left the stage to a huge round of applause, Johnny was super proud of her, and continued rocking out. His wife hung around in the wings watching until Kate rushed back looking rather flustered and desperately needing the toilet. The girls rushed off to the dressing room, leaving a rather confused Travis in the wings.

Lexie took the test, and immediately left the en suite. Placing it down as if it was ticking time bomb on the table. Her and Kate sat down silently. "What if you are?" She asked her friend. "I don't even want to think about it, what if my body fails again?" "Oh Lex, you never know it might not, miscarriages happen a lot in first time pregnancies, it might have just been one of those things." "We thought that about Mum and look what happened to her.." "Lexie, you're not your mother. There's never been anything to say it's hereditary is there?" Lexie shook her head and pushed her hair back off her face. It was in big wavy curls and was starting to annoy her. "One minute to go." Kate said squeezing her friend's knee. "We need to get back out there. I'm needed on stage for the finale," "I know I know.. just hold on." Kate picked up the test as Lexie closed her eyes.

After a moment of silence Lexie opened one eye "Kate???" "Yeah?" "Well????" "Oh ummm..." as she flipped the test over in her hand.