Chapter Fifty Seven

The couple were dressed up, Lexie had a Prada black bodycon one shoulder dress with Gucci barely there heels on, whilst Johnny donned his trademark hat, with a well cut grey suit as they arrived at the party thrown in their honour. Luckily it was a private event so there was just press outside the venue and that was it. They pair held hands making their way into the building smiling and waving at their fans. After the minimum interaction with the press they headed inside and Johnny grabbed glasses of champagne from a nearby waitress. He passed one to his girl as the others in the group got drinks. They were shown to a plush seating area that was just off the dance floor. The girls snapped a few selfies as they got comfortable on the large couch. "Here come sit with me, I want to send a photo to the kids." Johnny said holding his hand out to Lexie who slowly stood and sat on his lap as Gina snapped a photo on Johnny's phone. "Cute!!" A nearby woman shouted who had her phone out and had clearly also snapped a picture. Johnny rolled his eyes before Lexie whispered "Let it go John." He kissed her cheek before she stood and sat down on the seat next to him. "Hey guys!!!" Paul and his wife Jennifer arrived and sat down. They all greeted each other before ordering more drinks. "Why are we here??" Johnny asked sternly. "Because they've thrown it in yours and the movie's honour it would leave a bad taste if you weren't all seen here." Stephen said. "So the least you can do is look like you're enjoying yourself." Gina said giggling. "Let's make this fun. I'll order some shots." Paul said chuckling. After a few minutes, shots of tequila were being passed round and the group knocked them back "Ewww that taste still takes me back to Vegas." Kate said pulling a face. "Vegas?" Jennifer asked. "Yep, the Hen Party to end all Hen Parties. Lexie as my maid of honour thought that would be a good place to go." The group chuckled "What? You had fun didn't you?" "Lex I lost almost a week of my life." "Oh please. It was nothing. Anyway Jamie and the boys went for an actual week and slept through an entire day. At least we saw the sights." "You took her to Vegas doll, what sights did you see?" Johnny asked, "Well I did some elegant evenings, we saw Adele in residency, we had a fancy dinner, the rest of the time we spent at pool parties, clubs, and at blackjack tables." "Nice." Gina said giggling. "Don't worry I'll be sure to return the favour at some stage." Kate said sipping her drink. "Make it classy like Em's. Santorini was fun." Lexie said smiling.

An hour later everyone had a buzz from the alcohol and was laughing and joking. "Let's dance." Gina said "Sure! I'm up for it!" Jennifer replied standing up and finishing her drink. "I don't mind a boogie every now and then." Kate smiled "Really guys?" Lexie said sipping her drink. "How can you be like this? You prance around on stage all the time and knock it out the park, and yet dancing at a party fills you with dread?" Lexie rolled her eyes "Okay fine... let's go." She stood kissing Johnny's cheek and headed to the nearby dance floor with the girls. Johnny beckoned Travis over who was stood discreetly in the corner. "Keep an eye on her please." "Sure thing Sir." Travis ditched his suit jacket and made his way to the railing that was around the dance floor. Never taking his eyes off the group of girls.

Finally around midnight Johnny had decided he had done enough of "being seen" and lent into Lexie, "Wanna make a move? I've been waiting all evening to be alone with you." Lexie blushed and nodded "Sure let's go." They stood and said goodbye and the rest of the group all decided they had also had enough and wanted to leave too. Lexie hadn't realised that Johnny had put a lot of thought into their date and arranged a separate car for them. Stephen assured Lexie he would see Kate back to her room as she climbed in the car with Johnny. "Can I know where we are going?" "Not yet. It's a surprise." Lexie smiled and lent her head on his shoulder. "Promise you're not too tired darling?" "Johnny, I'm fine I promise." "Ok well let me woo you baby."

The car stopped and Travis jumped out opening Lexie's door as Sean did the same to Johnny. The boyfriend made his way round the vehicle and took his girlfriend's hand. "This way.." "sir we will keep our distance but try not to cause too much trouble." "Righto Betts" Johnny replied as he led his girl down some large concrete steps. Lexie's eyes widened as she saw the spot Johnny had bought her too. The Trevi Fountain. Lexie gasped seeing how beautiful it was and she was shocked to see how quiet it was but then again it was just gone 1am. "Wow. It's beautiful" "Not quite as beautiful as you darling." Johnny said making Lexie smile and blush. She looked down at the ground as they made their way to the edge of the fountain. "Remember you told me, you like to see these places you get to travel to. You don't just want to work your way around the world?" "I remember." Lexie said smiling at a conversation they shared almost a year prior in Venice. "Time to make a wish." Johnny said holding out two coins. "A wish?" "Yes, rumour has it, the tradition is you throw a coin in the fountain from your right hand over your left shoulder, and get three wishes. The first to return to Rome, the second to find your true love and the third to wed your true love." Lexie's eyes widened. She slowly took the coin from Johnny's hand and they both stood with their backs to the fountain, and threw the coins. Johnny pulled two more out his pocket "Now we can freestyle it. Make a wish darling." Lexie took the coin, smiled sweetly and threw it in the fountain, Johnny copied and did the same. He turned to face her, wrapped his arms around his girl and kissed her passionately. He pulled back and said "Hungry?" Lexie nodded "Surprisingly for the middle of the night. Yes I am. What are you thinking?" "Can you wait until after part two of our date?" He said smirking heading back to the car whilst Lexie nodded. They drove again for a while before pulling up to a spectacular view of the Colosseum. "Wow, look at it." Lexie said looking out the window. "We can do more than just sit here and look. I've booked a tour." "A tour?" "Yes believe it or not, night tours are very popular but this one is just for us. They've kindly agreed to it." "Oh my god Johnny. That's incredible." As she climbed out the car she shivered slightly and he noticed so draped his suit jacket over her shoulders. He then noticed her shoes. "Sorry doll I didn't think about coming straight from the party." "Don't be sorry it's ok. It makes it even more special that we are dressed up. Besides I've been in heels my entire life, I'll manage." He put an arm round her lower back as they headed in for their tour.

An hour or so later they were climbing back in the car and Lexie was giddy. The tour was phenomenal and she loved how Johnny knew she wanted to see the sights. She noticed how he smiled when she asked questions to their guide. He was incredibly happy to have organised this for her. Seeing her smile was one of his greatest treasures. "Thank you so much again Johnny." "Please stop thanking me, you've thanked me for the last hour." "Sorry." She said biting her lip. It was close to 3:30am in the morning by now and they were heading back to the hotel. "I promised you a late supper, and my god it is late but I still want to deliver on my promise." He said kissing her hand making her smile. "Well I am quite hungry." "Ok I promise it won't be long."

Arriving back at their suite, Lexie was shocked, it was clearly tidied from previously, there was a selection of wine ready to be opened, a large bouquet of roses, and the doors to the balcony were ajar. As she wandered over to close said doors she spotted blankets, throws and scatter cushions laid out for a picnic on the balcony. On a tray was a selection of Ciccetti that looked incredibly appetising. Her hand slid over her mouth when she spotted the lit candles surrounding the picnic. Johnny admired her from afar, her back was as attractive as her front to him. He watched as she spotted all the details, and as she slowly turned to face him, his breath was knocked from his lungs. Even after a long evening she looked breathtaking. "Johnny this is wonderful." He shrugged. He only had the idea, a lot of people worked incredibly hard to make it happen. He slowly wandered over to her and kissed her before whispering "Chase the sunrise with me?" She practically swooned right on the spot melting at his romance. "I would love to." She whispered as she kissed him again. After a while he pulled back and grabbed a bottle of wine opening it and pouring them glasses before they headed out to the balcony. Johnny got himself comfortable sat leaning up against the wall and Lexie snuggled in close pulling one of the various blankets over her legs. The old style traditional balcony provided a perfect little serenity for them to spend time together completely unknown to the outside world.

They talked for what felt like hours, sometimes about trivial fun things, sometimes more serious and in depth. Lexie's head rested on Johnny's chest and his fingers had become lost in her hair. "This is the best date of my life. Thank you." "Well you're welcome. It's a pleasure to do it for my girl." Lexie smiled and looked up at Johnny. "Johnny.." she barely whispered but he heard. "Lexie?" He slightly questioned looking into her ocean blue eyes. "I love you." Johnny's eyes widened and he smiled, practically beamed. "I love you too my darling."