Chapter Twenty Eight

It had been a busy few weeks for Lexie since returning from LA, she had met up with all her friends for their annual Christmas get together. Her and her parents had spent a lot of time together, and she had also decorated her home ready for Christmas, although she never actually spent Christmas Eve there, opting to always go home to her childhood home so she didn't have to wake up alone. Today though was exceptionally exciting, because Johnny would be coming over, after many long conversations on the phone, it had been decided that the best and most discreet way for them to spend time together was from the comfort of Lexie's home. His plane was landing in London, and the children would be heading onto Paris with their mother and step father, he would join them in two days time. The woman was nervous, Johnny had sweetly offered to book a hotel but Lexie did think it was pretty silly to book a hotel suite when she had a perfectly good empty house to put to good use. However what she didn't consider when suggesting that of course Johnny should come on over for a few days were the sleeping arrangements but that would have to be worried about later. Currently she was trying to perfect a Beef Bourguigon in her large Le Cruset pot, she was in the kitchen with music playing in the background when her phone rang. She quickly wiped her hands and answered it.
"Hi!" She said slightly flustered.
"Hey doll, just wanted to let you know, I've just landed. I'm dropping the children off at Vanessa's hotel and then will be on my way to you if that's ok?"
"Sure. Looking forward to it."
"Me too. See you soon!"
"Bye."

She placed her phone down and put the oven dish back in on a low heat, hoping not to touch it for a few hours. After clearing up the kitchen, she headed upstairs to get ready. After freshening up, she donned a black leather look mini skirt, cute black patterned tights, and her black skintight long sleeve bodysuit. She added some jewellery, sprayed some of her Chanel perfume and headed back downstairs. Lexie noticed it was a little cold but then again it was a big house and it was December so she lit her log burner before checking on dinner again. Sitting back down on the large corner couch that took up a lot of the middle of the room, she felt nervous, she was so excited to see Johnny that she hadn't really thought of the little details of what she was about to undertake entering a form of relationship with him. Thankfully, she didn't have a lot of time to dwell on her thoughts as the buzzer sounded alerting her that Johnny had arrived. She stood, flattened out her outfit before heading over to the phone system, she allowed him access before slowly heading to the front door. She didn't want to appear over keen, but then again she was very eager to go see him. As she opened the front door he was already jumping out the back of the vehicle. He looked incredibly handsome, he donned, dark jeans, boots, a black shirt and a tanned jacket with a black fedora, he looked up and smiled widely when he saw her.

Sean jumped out the front passenger seat and opened the trunk handing Johnny a large leather holdall, they whispered something to each other before Sean walked back round the car "Good to see you again Lexie." He smiled before jumping back into his seat. Johnny slowly approached the steps that Lexie was on, she had subconsciously wrapped her arms round herself due to the cool English temperatures. "I've told them to head back to their hotel, is that ok?" Johnny asked sheepishly. "Gosh of course." Lexie smiled before welcoming him into her house. She closed the front door and turned to look at him as he placed his bag down on the floor beside his feet. "It's good to see you darling." "You too." Lexie lent in and kissed him sweetly. His arms instantly found her waist and wrapped around her, they kept it fairly respectful and pulled back after a few seconds. "Something smells good." Johnny smiled attempting to kick off his boots. "Oh don't worry about that, come on in. I'm cooking dinner for tonight can't promise the same for tomorrow though, might have to be takeout." Lexie giggled. "Wow, thank you, I thought it was meant to be me wining and dining you." "Yeah you can owe me one in the new year.." Lexie giggled. "Can I get you a drink?" "Sure. Whatever you're having will be fine." "I've got beef in the oven so I chose a few bottles of a good red I've found but you're the expert in wine so..." "Lexie I am sure it will be lovely, thank you." Lexie poured two small amounts of wine in obscenely large glasses. "Thank you darling." He practically whispered before taking a sip. "Wow that is nice. Where's that from?" "In August, my friends and I went to that vineyard. I tasted it there and loved it, so now they have a new regular customer ordering!" They both chuckled before Lexie led him to the couch. "Make yourself comfortable and treat it as your own place especially if you're going to be here a few days," she said sitting beside him. "That's sweet, I promise I'll be the best houseguest you've ever had." Lexie smirked "I'm sure you will Mr Depp!"