One Hundred and Forty

"Ok ok... one at a time!" Lexie said giggling as both Jack and Lily fought to tell their father things. The children had come to visit first thing and Lexie sat happily watching them interact with Johnny once more. The latter was laying in the bed still in a lot of discomfort but the smile on his face from being reunited with his children was wonderful and it filled Lexie's heart with happiness.

"And I hear you've been helping Lex loads with James. I can't believe he's grown so much." Johnny said and Lily nodded. "Yes we have, Lizzie has been taking such good care of us too when Lex has been here." Jack said. "I'm the man of the house... until you come home that is." He continued proudly. "Thanks buddy." Johnny responded emotionally.

A while later, Travis had been to the coffee shop and retrieved everyone coffee and sandwiches for lunch. Johnny had been advised to start slowly on food and drink so was desperate to sip some of his wife's coffee much to her amusement. She sat on the edge of the bed, and gently tipped her cup to Johnny's lips. He gratefully had some of the drink and smiled. "Thank you darling." "What's mine is yours remember?" She giggled before placing the cup on the table. "Can I hold James again?" Johnny asked sweetly. "Of course." She smiled and gently placed the baby in his arms. "Do you need some help?" "Lexie I'm not an invalid, I just wanna hold my son." "I know... I just know your ribs are still healing." "I'm sorry I just don't like being useless." "Darling you're far from useless." Lily spoke up and said "Daddy you have to rest. How else will they let you home if you're not rested and recovered?" Jack smiled "He's a Depp, he will bounce back and he will be home nagging us before we know it." The two adults smirked before James began to fuss. "Woah woah woah... calm down little man. I'm not a total stranger... I'm your Papa." "Ignore what you're older sister and brother say.. I don't nag too much." Johnny said talking to the baby. The family were so happy to be reunited.

Meanwhile in the foyer of the hospital, a man and a woman who were heavily disguised approached the reception desk.
"Hi.. can you tell me how Mr Depp is doing please?"the woman asked sweetly.
"I'm sorry that's classified information unless you're a relative?"
"Oh.. is it because he is famous?" The woman asked acting dim.
"It's a rule we follow for all patients Mam. If you like I can buzz his ward and get a relative to come meet you?"
"No no no it's fine. But he is here still?"
"Crap. I shouldn't have said that." The young nervous receptionist said.
"That's ok, your secret is safe with me." The woman smiled.
"Thank you!! It's just in such a huge fan! I loved pirates!! Do you know him?? That's so cool! And isn't his wife Lexie just the best!! I sing all her songs!" The receptionist gushed.
The man turned and looked sternly.
"Yes they are just fucking adorable arent they." He said sternly making the woman's eyes widen.
"We should go.. remind me when are visiting hours?"
"11am until 9pm. Unless stated on the ward. Mr Depp has security so it's worth briefing with them beforehand as he's rather popular." The receptionist smiled.
"Great. Thank you!"
"Course he is. Fucking popular." The man said as the dim woman led him out the hospital.

"Right, please do as Lenny says, and mum will be there by the time you get home ok? I'll be back later." "You're coming home??" Jack said excitedly to his step mother. Lexie rolled her eyes. "Yes your father is insisting... James and I will be home a little later. I just want to wait until the Doctor comes round again to see your father." Lily nodded and kissed Johnny's cheek. "I love you Papa. Don't read all the book in one go!" She giggled and he smiled. "I won't darling I promise, and thank you for the gifts, they were very thoughtful." "Bye Dad." Jack said hugging his father. "Bye son.. and remember you're the man of the house ok?" "Does that mean I'm in charge?" The boy replied proudly. "Not quite bud, but thanks for taking care of things for me!" Lexie quickly hugged the kids before they said their goodbyes to their baby brother and left the room. Immediately Lexie began to clear up from lunch and Potter around when Johnny grabbed her hand. "Daring, you're exhausted. Please go home and rest." "I will. Later." "But I really think you should go now? I'm gonna be ok.. I promise." "Johnny please.. let me stay a little longer?" "Is everything ok?" Lexie nodded but tears threatened to fall. She sat down on the edge of the bed and wiped her face. "Darling?" Johnny asked. "What's wrong?" He said taking her hand in his. "It's the accident..." "What about it? I knew it shook everyone up but still, it's ok..." "Johnny.. it wasn't an accident.. somebody did this intentionally.."

Johnny let his wife's words sink in. "Intentionally?" He asked. "Yes. The police say that there is now significant evidence to show that the damage was done purposefully, you were targeted, and judging by the fact the car hit your side, and the rear, they think this was attempted murder."