Chapter Fifty

It was nearing the end of April, Johnny had completed his visit to the European film festival and it was an astounding success, with many of his fans and supporters showing up for him. The media coverage was mainly positive too. Most of it constantly referring as to whether him and Lexie were officially dating or not. His kids were safely reunited with their mother and residing in Paris for the near future so the new couple had decided they needed to go public. Lexie hated being strategic with the press but other than putting a statement out which she hated the idea of even more, this was the only way. Since returning from the festival a week ago, Johnny had been residing with her and their relationship was going from strength to strength. He had spoken in depth with Vanessa about going public with Lexie and had the mother's full support so now all that was left was to put their plan into action. Lexie knew this would be a big evening, they had a dinner out planned with Stephen, Gina, Paul and his wife Jennifer. For the first time in public, Johnny and Lexie planned to act like a normal couple, holding hands, kissing, whatever tickled their fancy really. They knew the press would follow them wherever they went so chances were they would be photographed and the story would break.

The pop star wandered up and down her bedroom wall that was flanked with wardrobe space, she couldn't find anything to wear, and although it was spring, today had been a particularly colder day. Finally she pulled out some leather look trousers that she adored but hadn't worn in ages, she decided on them placing them on the bed before finding an oversized black satin shirt. It had a plunging neckline and she decided to team it with a few dainty necklaces and her Louboutin heels. She ran off to the en-suite to style her hair and re entered the bedroom in just her robe when Johnny entered. "You ok darling?" "Yeah I'm good. Remind me to not eat too much tonight, these trousers may split." She said pulling them on giggling. "Darling they look like they were painted on you. It's seriously hot." Lexie smiled grateful for the compliment as she moved to stand in front of the large mirror tucking the front of her shirt in and strategically sorting out the neckline. It showed a lot of chest but in an elegant way and she didn't have much else on show so thought it worked. "Are you ready?" Johnny asked smiling as he donned a jacket. "Yep.." Lexie said grabbing a large black clutch bag and slipping on her heels. "Good, I have a surprise for you.." "a surprise?" Lexie asked as Johnny took her arm and led her downstairs into her own living area. A dress bag hung from a nearby doorframe. "So remember back this time last year, we were only a few days away from shooting our first scene together.." Johnny said and Lexie nodded "Yes how could I forget, I was so nervous." Johnny smiled "Believe it or not. Me too... well that first particular evening you looked exquisitely sublime." "Yeah thanks to a load of hair and make up tricks." Lexie giggled rolling her eyes, "No because the subject was and is sublimely beautiful, those hair and make up people just enhanced what was there... but anyway... remember what you said about the dress?" Lexie's eyebrows furrowed and her forehead wrinkled as she tried to remember. "No? Should I?" Johnny chuckled "I asked you if you were going to keep the dress and you said no it was only borrowed and you were surprised they had let you wear it for so long.." Lexie nodded now remembering the conversation. "I loved that dress." She said softly, and Johnny beamed. "Good, I thought you did. So here's the surprise... I spoke to a few people and although the people at Alexander McQueen were very adamant they couldn't replicate the dress as it was a one of a kind specifically for the film, they've made you something inspired by it and here it is.." Johnny began unzipping the dress bag. A black off the shoulder fitted evening dress hung in it. It had a slit up the side, It was beautiful and oh so elegant. "Oh Johnny, it's incredible." Lexie moved closer and gently touched the material. "Wow. This is amazing. How did you manage it?" "It was a lot of work but we got there... I wanted you to have your very own Elise dress." He said smiling. Lexie turned to him and cupped his face, kissing him passionately. "Johnny I love it." She said sincerely as she pulled back. "Well good, you need to try it on tomorrow and make sure it fits." "Oh my god when can I wear it?" "Whenever you like. It's yours." "Seriously?" "Yes. It's your dress." "So I could wear it to the premiere?" "If you wanted to but you've already worked so hard to pick out dresses for the premiere don't waste them." "Johnny look at this dress. It's my new favourite." He smiled at his girl as she threw her arms round his neck before kissing him again. He was glad to see her smile and loved spoiling her.