One Hundred and Forty Two

A month later...

"Johnny! Be careful! Put him down!" "Darling I'm ok honest." Johnny replied as he continued his descent of the stairs. "I just want to make sure you take it easy." "I am.. you've barely let me leave the house. At least let me help with this little one." Johnny said as he turned and watched his wife come down the stairs after him. She looked pale, skinnier than ever before and seemed to always have an anxious look on her face. "Honestly I'm doing ok. You heard the Doc the other day. Slowly but surely ok?" Johnny said sweetly before they wandered into the kitchen. James was a chubby happy four month old, and seemed to relish in his father's company. He was advancing fast, and seemed to be happy and healthy enough.

Once James was down for his nap, and Johnny had spoken to the kids via FaceTime who were reuniting with their mother on her tour, Johnny called Lexie into the living room. "Sit with me?" He said sweetly before Lexie sighed "Johnny I've got so much to do before he wakes up." "Well that can wait." "Will you talk to me?" "What do you want to talk about?" She asked bluntly. "Doll, you're dangerously thin, you're not sleeping, you're worrying about things and I want to know why." "Johnny, I'm a mother to a newborn, my husband had major surgery just under two months ago, so I'm not looking my hottest, sorry." "Don't play that card. I know it's something more than that. I'm well on the road to recovery and besides you didn't look or act this bad when I first woke, it's got worse." "Johnny I don't know what you're talking about." "You do, now please tell me. What's spooked you?" "Nothing." Lexie said playing with her hands. "Lexie!" Johnny said growing frustrated. The woman closed her eyes willing the tears not to fall, but they did, so she finally relented and stood grabbing her phone from the coffee table and unlocking it. She found what she was looking for and handed it to her husband silently.

Nice chatting earlier, first things first. Make sure you try to compromise security. Convince everyone you're sure it was an accident.

I know you've got the police involved. Get it sorted Donnington.

Your baby is cute. I like how Nanna and Grandpa D visit a lot. Maybe next time I'll have to say hi to them or something worse if your dare tell anyone I'm responsible.

Does your bodyguard ever leave you alone? Shame I didn't do more damage to his security team.

She's a beautiful girl your step daughter. I wouldn't want her falling in the wrong hands.

Do as I say or it won't just be your husband next time.

You need to get better with your replies. I don't want to be last on your list.

Lexie. You still haven't thrown the police of the trail. I saw those officers arrive at your house the other day. Close the investigation.

How's hubby? Because I'm sure I could finish him off if I get the feeling you're not trying to please me.

I need money. Get me £30k in cash by Friday, if you fail, I'll go after those kids. Who to pick first...

Johnny stopped scrolling and covered his mouth with his hand, before flicking through the abusive and graphic photos that Harry had sent his wife. "Lexie, why didn't you tell me?!" Johnny said very coldly. " I didn't know what to do, he threatened your life, the children. What would you have done?" Lexie said with tears rushing down her face. "Oh darling." Johnny couldn't believe the mess they were in. "When did you find out he was responsible?" He slowly stood and began pacing. One hand on his still tender ribs. "When you got home from hospital." Lexie said quietly. "That long?" Johnny said raising his voice. "Johnny I didn't know what to do. I just wanted you and the kids safe. Lenny has back up with Lily-Rose and Jack, and I've ensured we have security teams on the island, Paris, LA, And the estate." "Lexie! You should have told me! It was my life he tried to take and you've kept me prisoner in our home for the past four weeks!" "I was protecting you!!" Lexie said sobbing. "Protecting me how?! He's still out there. He's on the run. He could attack anyone we love at any minute." "I know.." Lexie cried more. A moment later she heard their son awake and cry so she rushed up the stairs past Johnny wiping her eyes as she went. He knew he had been harsh on her but he couldn't get out of his head what that evil fucker was suggesting, causing harm to his family. He closed his eyes and composed himself before picking up his phone and calling an emergency meeting with Sean and Travis.

Meanwhile, Lexie sat in the nursery, feeding James. The baby boy had grown rapidly in recent months and didn't have a care in the world. "Oh my darling, Mummy thought I could fix all this but I haven't. I've completely mucked it all up." Lexie gently ran her finger down the baby's cheek. "And now Daddy hates me. I just want him to get better and recover. All I've wanted to do is to take care of him. I hope I never let you down like I've let him down." Lexie added quietly before hearing the clearing of a throat. She looked up and saw Johnny in the doorway. "Sean and Travis are downstairs, I've called an emergency meeting for security and I thought I'd do the decent thing and offer you the chance to be a part of it." Johnny said coldly. Lexie nodded "whatever you think is best." "Well you know more about all this than any of us, so when you're ready." Johnny said moving out of her way.

Travis scrolled through Lexie's phone before Sean added "and this is everything? There's nothing else you've not told us? What about the money did you give it to him?" "No." Lexie said quietly shaking her head abruptly. "He wants it by this Friday though." "That's our in." Travis said sliding the phone across the table. "We'll arrange a drop with him and then they can arrest him there and then. Lexie text him back..." "ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOT... he held her hostage when she was pregnant, and attempted to kill me, she ain't going anywhere near the fucker." Johnny added getting frustrated. "But sir. We need him to trust her, then we can go in for the kill so to speak." "I don't care, do it without my wife." "Sir.." "Sean, I pay you. Not the other way round. Now I'm done being treated like an invalid, I'm taking back some power in this house and my god you're all gonna listen. That fucker needs to be shut away for good. I want a plan in place that does not involve Lexie, do you hear me?" He stood pushing his chair back and headed out to the garden to chain smoke leaving silent tears falling down Lexie's face.