Chapter One Hundred and Twelve

"You're pregnant Lex." Kate said extremely quietly, almost a whisper. "Pregnant?" Lexie repeated. "Yep.. you're pregnant." Kate's nerves got the better of her as she began to giggle handing the test to her best friend. "7 weeks." Lexie bit her lip, she was extremely happy at the idea of having Johnny's baby but so nervous at the same time after what they had been through. The moment was disturbed by the faint cheers from the crowd which made Lexie startle. "Shit. We've got to get back, quick." They placed the test down on the table and legged it back to the wings of the stage where everyone who had taken part in the concert was gathering. Lexie looked around and spotted Johnny wandering off stage and pushing his guitar round to his back. He was greeting everyone and ushering them out onto the stage for the finale when he spotted his wife. "Hey you. I missed you." Lexie smiled sweetly "I missed you more," they shared a kiss before heading out on stage themselves. Lexie stood off to the side letting Johnny relish in the moment of honouring his close friend as the audience gave a standing obviation. It was a proud moment.

The group finally left the stage and were praising one another as somebody announced drinks to celebrate Jeff's life at a nearby hotel which a lot of the group were staying at. Johnny quickly kissed his wife's cheek and rushed off somewhere. Lexie span on the spot and saw he was heading for the dressing rooms. "Johnny? Where are you going? Let's get to the cars." "Need to grab my smokes and jacket... do you need anything?" Lexie's eyes widened. He was heading straight into their shared dressing room with the pregnancy test in. "J wait up..." Lexie hitched the bottom of her evening dress up and rushed after him, Kate spotted her best friend and decided to distract the others to stop the couple being interrupted.

Johnny failed to hear his wife calling after him, and as he entered the dressing room, he picked up his jacket off the couch, checked that his cigarette tin was in the pocket, and turned on the spot to find his phone. As he turned, Lexie arrived in the doorway. She was slightly out of breath, from rushing after him. "Doll you could have gone on ahead, I wouldn't have minded. The guys are gonna pack up my guitars, do you need anything from here?" "I umm, am probably gonna change before we head off." Johnny nodded as he turned round and headed back towards the couch. Lexie saw the exact moment he saw the test. He slowly turned his head to face her. She entered the room and closed the door quietly behind her. "Doll.... Are you pregnant?" He asked as he slowly approached her. "Yes." She nodded smiling. "You're pregnant?" He said chuckling. "I'm pregnant. 7 weeks according to the test." She giggled. He picked her up and span her round on the spot cheering before he gently placed her back on the floor. "Why didn't you tell me?" "I was going to. I only did the test during the show, I didn't think it would be possible." "Oh darling." He kissed her passionately before pulling back. "Do another test... just to make sure. I can't believe I missed you finding out." "To be honest Johnny it's not really sunk in. I've known maybe less than an hour." He smirked before picking up the discarded box off the coffee table that had another pregnancy test in. "Please.. do another?" She giggled and headed into the bathroom.

A few minutes later, two tests were lined up on the table. Johnny kissed the side of her head once more. "Johnny we should get going, they'll be waiting for us." He nodded as she grabbed her clothes from earlier in the day and began changing, she slipped on her heels much to Johnny's disgust. "I was pregnant this morning when I put these on, nothing has changed. I'll be careful." She said as he stood and smiled. "You've made me the happiest man. I bet Mr Jeff has had something to do with this blessing."

He grabbed his wife's hand as they walked down the corridor, he was beaming and it was contagious, he knew she was nervous after what happened previously but he couldn't bring himself to loose the smile on his face and the happy feeling in his heart. "Johnny, we need to keep the news to ourselves for a while, at least until we've had the scan and know everything is ok." She whispered as they approached the wings. He nodded before kissing her passionately once more. "For the love of god do you two ever stop for breath." Stephen said as he jumped off a storage box in the wings. "Ha.. wouldn't you like to know." Johnny said slapping his pal on the back. "Let's get going." The group all jumped into cars that were heading to the hotel, and Johnny rarely took his eyes off his wife.

The group arrived at the hotel bar and Kate approached and discreetly whispered "All Ok?" Lexie nodded and smiled, "He's ecstatic.. my next worry is how to get through this party without anyone suspecting anything." "Already thought of that!" Kate said passing Lexie a glass "What is it?!" "Non Alcoholic G&T... I made out I was really thirsty and needed two." The girls giggled as Lexie took a sip. "Ah that's not bad." Johnny approached and kissed Lexie's cheek once more. "J? Let's go find Sandra and make sure she's ok." He smiled and nodded as Kate waved them off.

After an hour or so, Lexie was sat at a table with Gina, Kate and Sandra. "What's the plan for Johnny's birthday?" Gina asked, "Well we will be in Istanbul for the first night of the tour. I think we are going to book that restaurant." "amazing. I'll work out logistics and tell the band, he won't want a fuss." Gina replied, "I can't wait. I'm so excited to see them on tour." Kate said. "Yeah well you're there for his birthday and then home to continue cooking my godchild!" Lexie beamed knowing her little secret. All being well hers and her best friend's child will be so similar in age. "You're the one insisting I go on maternity leave from the end of June!" "Well I'm not working over the summer and you're entitled to a summer vacation so it makes sense. By the way we need to sit with the accountant and sort all that out when I'm back." "Yeah we do... otherwise I'll report you for being a bad boss!" Gina asked "So tell me this... how many of us are at the London date? I can't believe you've talked me into being in the crowd?!" "Hardly the crowd G. We are in the front row of VIP... and I think there's nearly 10 of us now." Kate said smirking. "Well my cousin wanted to see the guys play, and she's only 16, she doesn't want to be in the wings or a box, she wants to be where the action is, and I couldn't just be a groupie by myself could I?!!" Lexie said smiling as Johnny approached. She had noticed how he had barely taken his eyes off her since he learnt their news. He sat down beside her and put an arm round the back of her chair. "You ok doll?" "Yeah I'm fine, are you having a nice time?" "The best. I hope Jeff will be proud." Lexie smiled and kissed him passionately before pulling back slightly "Wanna get outta here?" Johnny muttered and Lexie smiled "only if you do. I'll stay here all night if that's what you want." "What I want, is to ravish my wife.." he said discreetly in her ear.

The couple arrived back at their home, and dismissed Sean and Travis quickly, before wrapping their arms around one another. "I can't believe you're pregnant." Johnny said loudly enjoying that they were alone at last. "I know... but it's still early." Lexie said nervously. "This time will be different I can feel it in my bones." Johnny said picking her up and spinning her round on the spot. "I just know it." He said before putting her back on the floor and kissing her passionately before scooping her up bridal style and heading up the stairs.