Chapter Forty Six

"Are you sure this looks ok? I feel under dressed." "Lexie we are on a private island, if anything you're over dressed." Johnny chuckled stepping out the en suite with just a towel round his waist. "Easy for you to say when we have been strolling round naked for the last few days. But your children arrive this afternoon and I need to look ok." "Darling you look more than ok." "Really? I'm just in a tee shirt and daisy dukes?" "Good god woman, you're not meeting royalty, just Lily and Jack, trust me, they like to keep it casual, they can't stand it when it's over the top, don't get me wrong they know when it's needed but your outfit is fine." "Ok, and do you think hair down or hair up?" "Oh my god Lexie, darling please just chill." "Easy for you to say, the biggest person you had to impress was Murphy." They both chuckled as Johnny donned board shorts and a tee.

An hour later, they were sipping coffee on the beach and Lexie was interrogating Johnny about his kids. "So is it always Lily-Rose? Never Lily?" "I would start with Lily-Rose, she adores her name, but she may offer for you to shorten it after a while. Jack is just Jack" Lexie nodded "And what do they like doing?" "Umm Lily loves fashion, once she's 13 at the end of May she's decided she wants to work with Chanel like her mother. I'm not objecting to it I just hope she doesn't let it affect her studies too much. She loves movies too. Jack is just like me, he loves art, music and literature. He's almost read my entire library and he's 11 next month." "Ok." Lexie played with her hands "and they like you a lot already remember. Not many of my Co stars spend as much time with them as you did last summer, fuck me you even got Lily a birthday present." "I know I just know they've been through a lot, it's important I get off on the right foot isn't it?" Johnny smiled he secretly loved how much effort Lexie was putting in, and it did fill him with confidence that she cared so much about it all. "I just know they'll love you. Please stop worrying." Lexie smiled reaching across and taking Johnny's hand in hers. It seemed since their heart to heart a few evenings ago and Lexie's honesty the couple were closer than ever. Johnny promised Lexie he would make more of an effort when he met Josh, and apologise for his rude behaviour on the call too.

The woman was rather flustered after Johnny received a call from Lenny telling him that the kids had arrived safely and were in the boat on their way. She began pacing round, and muttering to herself before Johnny calmed her by cupping her face and kissing her passionately. When the time came, they slowly walked over towards the pier and stood at the start of it. A boat pulled up and the two children jumped out. Jack immediately slung his backpack over his shoulder and ran the entire length of the pier "Daaaaaaaaaad!" He yelled as he wrapped his arms round Johnny who had bent over to his son's height scooped his son up and span round. He placed him back on the floor and ruffled his hair "Son I missed you so much." Jack lent in for another hug before pulling back when Lily-Rose approached. "Daddy!!!" Lily jumped in her father's arms and received a similar greeting. Johnny kissed her head a number of times and slung his arms round them both for a group hug before pulling back. "Guys, you remember Lexie don't you?" "How do you do?" Jack said holding out his hand making Lexie giggle "I'm well thank you, how do you do?" Lily immediately leaned into hug Lexie "It's good to see you again, how are you? How's your recovery going?" The soon to be teenager pulled back "Sorry did I hurt you?" "Goodness no, I'm doing ok thank you, your father has taken good care of me." The children smiled before Johnny led the group towards the main house. "Go get changed, and come back out here ok?" Johnny said, and the kids rushed off. "Well see you had nothing to worry about did you?" Johnny said sitting down in the shade pulling Lexie onto his lap. "Johnny what if they come back out?" "I'm hardly fucking you darling. Just a kiss and a cuddle." "Johnny!" Lexie gasped giggling. "God I hope they like me." She muttered. "They do. Stop fretting." He kissed her head before Jack reappeared and Lexie practically fell over jumping off Johnny's lap. It went completely unnoticed by the boy. "Dad!! Can we do some water sports?" The 10 year old was already clad in flip flops and shorts. "Umm well Lexie can't partake in any of that kinda thing right now with her injuries." "Oh don't be silly. Go on, they've not seen you for ages, besides somebody has to take photographs!" Lexie giggled pulling Johnny up. "Exactly!! She can lay out with Lily anyway?!" Jack said excited to see his Dad finally agreeing. Lexie smiled "Sure I can do that. Johnny where's that sunscreen? Jack will burn on the water." The man smiled, Lexie was so caring it really made his heart swell. His daughter soon appeared clad in a swimsuit. "Lily, Dad and I are going on the raft, wanna come?" "Ewwww no, I'm laying out over there. Lexie do you want to join?" "Sure thing, hang on I just need to get sunscreen for your Dad and brother." Johnny smiled as his girlfriend headed into the house. "Dad are you sure she's ok? She seems quiet." "She's just nervous, she's worried of what you guys think of her?" "Why? We like her a lot, we already told you that on the phone." "I know but she's nervous, it's sweet but this means a lot to her and to me. We are doing things different this time kids I swear. I'll never let anyone hurt you or me again. Ok?" "Sure thing Dad." "I love you Daddy." Lexie returned as Lily wrapped her arms round her father in a big cuddle.

After Johnny and Jack headed off to the pier to partake in the various water sports that Jack had planned, Lexie and Lily were lying on two loungers watching from afar.

"How have you enjoyed the island so far?"
"It's beautiful, I can tell why you all love it here. It's so special."
"It is, it seems pretty extravagant but here and France are the only two places I see Daddy fully relax you know?"
"Yes I know what you mean."
"Has he shown you all the cool beaches yet?"
"We've not explored much. I can't swim or walk too far with my injuries but he said we could go on a few adventures now you guys are here."
"Awww awesome, I can't wait to show you Lily Bay."
"I'm looking forward to it."
"By the way Lexie, your performance at The Grammys was epic!! Me and my friends are still trying to learn the routine!!"
"Oh thank you. Really? God I remember dancing to pop stars in my bedroom when I was young, that makes me feel so old. What bit are you stuck on?"
Lily jumped up and began retracing the routine, Lexie was impressed she managed it all except for a little snippet.
"Want a little tip?" Lexie asked standing.
"Stand on your toes, and spin. It's called a rope spin, they use it a lot in Latin ballroom dances." Lexie guided Lily's body as she span on the spot and she almost got it. "We'll keep practicing, you'll have it down in no time." Lexie said smiling. Lily continued spinning with the help of Lexie. The pop star slowed down the routine to show her again and she nearly toppled over making them both laugh loudly. "Maybe I can only do it on stage not on sand!"

Meanwhile Johnny had stopped the jet ski he was riding with his son and glanced over to the beach, he saw his girlfriend and daughter dancing on the beach, it made him smile, it was a cute sight, especially when they both threw their heads back laughing. "Dad, what are you looking at?" Jack said in his ear trying to peer over his father's shoulder. "Nothing. Hold on!!" He fired up the engine and they sped off.

"So the movie will premiere in London, New York and Rome?" Lily asked as they sat round the fire pit that evening. "Apparently so! It's bizarre to have three premieres but supposedly the Italian film association wanted one based there as we filmed entirely on location." Replied Lexie "Daddy what are you going to wear?"  Johnny's eyes widened "God I have no idea why?? I haven't even finalised my wardrobe for the festival in a few weeks!" "God dad you're so unorganised." "You always say a man isn't fully dressed without a well tailored suit Dad." Jack added from beside his father making Lexie smile. "I happen to think you look fine in anything!" She added to please her boyfriend. "And Lexie have you got dresses picked out?" "I've got a shortlist, I really don't know which ones for which event yet. My wardrobe is more complicated for press etc, as it will be analysed far more than a standard shirt and trousers like your father wears. "Excuse me, a standard shirt and trousers... I will have you know there is nothing standard about me!!" The group giggled.