Chapter Fifty Eight

OfficialLexieDonnington: LA bound baby! 💜

Lexie hit share on the social media post of a fairly arty photograph she took earlier that morning at the private airfield in New York. Not that she wanted to trick her fans too much but she never shared information on socials of her direct location. They had landed in LA and had a whole line up of chat shows and promotional work to do for their movie. Both Johnny and her were doing separate things now, whereas London, Rome and New York had been more of a group effort. Johnny had kindly offered rather than hotels, to house her and Kate at his home on Sweetzer. It seemed pretty pointless for the two women to check into a hotel suite when he had multiple mansions in one avenue. Kate was beside herself with gratitude and excitement, even though her and Lexie had been friends for many years, this life still thrilled yet sometimes shocked her.

They had arrived at Johnny's house only 30 minutes prior. Kate was in a guest room unpacking, and Lexie was following Johnny round as he gave her a full tour of the house. She had only been there twice and that was at the very start of the relationship so she admired the house greatly. "Are you sure we are ok to stay here?" "Yes of course. I've got plenty of room. Why do you keep asking?" "It's just the kids and stuff, am I not like her? She sponged off you and moved in within weeks didn't she?? I don't want you thinking I'm like her." Johnny turned round abruptly "Darling, you're nothing like her, you're fucking universes away from her. I know you. I want you here. It's just I wanted to be with you every day but I can't do anymore hotels, not when I've been away from here so long, I've got so much to catch up on." Lexie nodded "I know, because of me, I'm sorry." "Hey, I wanted to be with you, how about when all this is done, we head to France for some proper time together?" "France?" "My estate there. We usually spend the summer in France, the kids time share between me and Vanessa in Paris, it's really private. I think school breaks up for them the week of my birthday." Lexie nodded happily "Johnny that sounds wonderful but I don't want to intrude again. Maybe they need some time just with you?" "I'll speak to them but I doubt it doll, they adore you." "How about I visit for a few weeks and leave you to it?" "Ok we'll see." The couple kissed before continuing the tour.

The next evening Lexie was sat on the sofa of the Late Late Show with James Corden.

"You're a girl after my own heart, from almost where I was born. What do you miss about home when working abroad?"
"Oh goodness, so much! I'm a proper home girl, as you know but travelling is so much fun, and I'm so grateful that this is my life."
"And, the movie, it's a cracker. I saw it last night, how did you feel about playing the lead role in what is a very different character for you?"
"I loved it, at some point I had to give up the teenie bopper act, and I think let's face it at my age I've probably passed that years ago. Elise is elegant, she's wonderful to play because you never knew what she was actually thinking. She plays her cards close to her chest, and that's a lot of fun."
"And your leading guy is hopeless romantic Frank Tupolo played by Johnny? This is a bit of a different one for him too wasnt it?"
"Well yes he's not a rum soaked pirate, or mass murdering barber if that's what you mean."
"And how is Johnny?"
"He's good." Lexie giggled blushing.
"That's good to hear. Because I believe you're seeing a lot of each other right now?" James asks digging for an exclusive.
"Oh well when doing a press tour you have to spend a lot of time with your Co stars. It's a hard job but somebody has to do it!" Lexie replies giggling.
"I'll say. Join us after the break where we will be joined by Alison Brie, and an exclusive performance from The Vamps. See you shortly."

As the programme went off air James lent in "I'm sorry for digging. Strict instructions from the producers." "Don't be, I know how it is. You're not getting any more info though." "Playing hard to get Lexie?" James asked. "No playing a my private life is private card actually." James nodded understanding. "Well I wish you well with it all. He's a great guy I've heard."