03) unfamiliarity

3RD PERSON POV.

After a few moments passed, Chaewon slowly stopped stroking Wooryeong's hair. She looked up at the others and spoke in a low tone, "Alright, everyone. She's asleep. Goodness, she looks like she hasn't slept in ages," the sub-leader mumbled to herself.

Yunjin grew bored of just standing around, so she walked forward and scooped Wooryeong out of Chaewon's hold, carrying the sleeping younger bridal style.

The others just looked at her with slightly wide eyes.

"I feel bad..." Eunchae whispered, carefully brushing Wooryeong's bangs back. That's when she noticed Yunjin's slightly shocked expression. "What is it? What's wrong?" The youngest questioned.

Everyone looked at the leader.

"Oh my goodness."

"What?"

The ravenette tightened her grip on Wooryeong and looked up to face the others. "Look at the bruising on her arms and abdomen. I didn't even notice them at first."

Sakura stepped forward this time, her eyes quickly raking over Wooryeong's sleeping figure.

"Guys we can't just... leave her here, can we? We gotta do something about this. I mean- We all saw what her studio life is like. Who knows what her home life is like as well? What if it's worse than this? She could be getting hurt at home," Kazuha explained.

Sakura and Eunchae nodded in agreement.

Yunjin and Chaewon shared a look.

"Guys, we need to think about this," Yunjin started. "First of all, how are we going to explain this to Boss? If we take her home, she'll have no other choice but to become a member."

"But if we leave her here, who knows what'll happen?" Eunchae countered. Chaewon nodded.

Yunjin sighed. "Second of all, we don't know how she'll react if she suddenly wakes up to find out that she's in the hideout of a gang of criminals," she reminded them.

They all nodded. Then a pensive silence fell over them.

"You know what? Fuck it. We're taking her," Yunjin declared. She doesn't know why, but the thought of leaving Wooryeong on her own made her feel a certain way, and not in a good way.

Chaewon nodded towards Yunjin, who returned the gesture.

"Yes! New mission, everyone! From now on, we're going to protect Ha Wooryeong!" Everyone cheered at Sakura's words, just as Wooryeong slightly opened her eyes, half-asleep.

The dancer rubbed her eyes as she looked up at Yunjin. The other immediately lowered her voice before speaking. "Hey, hey, it's okay. We've got you now, we're gonna protect you. You can sleep," the leader whispered, watching as the younger immediately relaxed.

The others once again looked at Yunjin with wide eyes.

"Okay," Wooryeong whispered back, giving them all a tired wave. All of them smiled as she fell back asleep in Yunjin's arms.

HA WOORYEONG POV.

I woke up in an unfamiliar bed that was different from the stiff couch that I slept on at home.

I groaned and shut my eyes as the sun shone right in my face. I couldn't even muster up the strength to panic over the fact that I woke up in a strange bedroom, because the bed was so soft, something I haven't felt in a few years.