08) cherry red revenge

3RD PERSON POV.

It's been a week since Wooryeong's been an official member of the Hybe family, and to say the least, she's enjoying it. She never thought that she would ever say that she's content with being a part of a criminal organization, but here she is.

Training has been rigorous, but she's pushed through, thanks to the encouragement from her members. Yes, her members. Bang Sihyuk made the decision to let Wooryeong join the Le Sserafim unit, which left all of the girls over the moon about it-one, because they've all grown fond of her (some are more willing to admit it than others), and two, because, although they have the utmost trust in their family, the idea of Wooryeong being with any other group honestly didn't sit well with any of the Le Sserafim girls. Thus, this decision was made.

It took a few hours, but eventually, with the power of teamwork, the girls were able to clear out the spare bedroom, which is where Wooryeong now resides. She loves the room solely because there's a great view from the window, which shows the back area of the Hybe HQ, including a lovely garden. The room is pretty bare at the moment, seeing as Wooryeong hasn't left the headquarters at all since she's arrived there, but it'll change eventually.

Currently, Wooryeong's just finished getting ready for bed. She stuck her head out of the door and smiled.

"Good night, girls!" She called out.

"Good night, Ryeong!" They all responded.

Before shutting her door, however, Eunchae shouted something that warmed Wooryeong's heart.

"I love you, Unnie!"

Wooryeong chuckled to herself and looked down the hall, smiling softly at the younger.

"Love you too."

2 AM.

Wooryeong is a light sleeper, so it was no surprise that she woke up to the sound of something hitting her bedroom window. Although she was still half-asleep, a creeping feeling of fear gradually spread throughout her entire body.

She slowly lifted her head and looked towards the window. What she saw horrified her. She covered her mouth, a scream getting caught in the back of her throat as her breath hitched. No matter how deep into a life of crime she's managed to dig herself into, nothing could have ever prepared her for this sight.

Just outside the window, across the garden, was the body of a young girl, hanging by a rope tied to her neck, a thin noose wrapped around a tree branch. Her eyes were gone and her cherry red lips were torn and stitched at the ends. Her silky brown hair was braided, and her skin was pale. She resembled a porcelain doll. Her ripped blue dress flowed in the silent wind, as her body gently swayed.

Then, Wooryeong took one last detail into account. A man dressed in all black clothing and a black mask, a bloody knife in his hand as he stood next to the tree.

Wooryeong froze and almost forgot how to breathe. She didn't know what to do. She felt as if she couldn't move; it felt as if her feet were glued to the ground.

When she heard the soft hum of vibration coming from her phone on her bedside table, she was hesitant to remove her gaze from the man, so she opted on grabbing the phone without removing her eyes from him.