05) a bruised heart

3RD PERSON POV.

The girls were gathered in the living room, discussing how they were going to go about explaining to Wooryeong how her life is going to have to change now. That was when they heard the sounds.

Loud wailing and several thuds.

They all jumped up from the couches and shot down the hallway. They all watched with concerned looks on their faces as Kazuha worked to kick the door open. When it flew open and they entered the room, they were met with quite the sight. One that all of them were stunned to see.

Wooryeong was sitting on the floor, one hand propping her body up, while the other was bruised and lifeless by her side. Her breathing was erratic as hot tears cascaded down her cheeks at a rapid pace, an occasional whimper escaping her lips.

The girls quickly rushed to her side. Chaewon crouched down, panic written all over her face. Yunjin was immediately on Wooryeong's other side, an arm wrapped around the younger's waist to help hold her up.

"Wooryeong, what the hell happened in here?" Kazuha asked loudly.

"I- I-I don't know. I was a-angry and upset. Everything was too l-loud, so I- I-" Wooryeong lifted her right hand to reveal her bloody knuckles, and they all gasped. "I feel like such a burden right now," she continued quietly. "I mean- You guys are letting me stay here for who knows how long, you fed me, clothed me. I feel like I'm in the way. I f-feel like-" She groaned as she moved her wrist. "I feel like all of this hospitality is unnecessary, you guys should've let me go home last night and I wouldn't have been a problem," she cried.

"Dammit," Yunjin hissed under her breath as she held Wooryeong's wrist and examined it. She then looked Wooryeong in the eyes, cupping the younger's face and using the most gentle tone she could. "Look. You're not a burden or a problem or anything like that, okay? We willingly brought you here to help you. And about that, we actually have something to discuss with you, but we'll talk about it after we're out of the infirmary. Let's go," she declared.

The leader wasted no time in picking Wooryeong up, causing the younger to squeal and immediately wrap her arms around Yunjin's neck.

"I can walk, you know? This isn't e-even that big of a deal," Wooryeong stated.

Yunjin didn't respond. Instead, she brushed past the girls and quickly exited the room, with the others quickly following behind. They all moved at a fast pace as they exited their dorm and rushed to the infirmary.

As soon as the team burst into the familiar sector, Yunjin set Wooryeong down on a chair. They sent Eunchae to fetch one of the doctors. When the youngest returned only seconds later, she was accompanied by a tall man.

"Hello, girls, how can I- Wooryeong?" The doctor, Kim Seokjin, quickly walked forward upon seeing the face of the injured Wooryeong sitting in the corner, surrounded by the girls.

That was when Wooryeong got a good look at the doctor's face. "Jin? What are you doing here?" She questioned, beyond confused.

Seokjin ignored Wooryeong's question and quickly took her wrist into his hands, while the girls sat to the side, simultaneously confused and concerned.

"You're an idiot, Ryeong. How did you even manage to get associated with these numbskulls? Oh, just you wait until Rin hears about this, she'll have your head!" Seokjin muttered as he disinfected and cleaned up Wooryeong's knuckles.

"Sorry, Jin. But they helped me out of a situation with my dance instructor and then took me here. Where even is here?" Wooryeong questioned, looking up at Seokjin with a curious glint in her eyes.

Seokjin looked between the girls and Wooryeong. Yunjin and Chaewon shared a look, before Chaewon looked back at Seokjin and gave him a subtle nod.

"Here is the Hybe headquarters," Jin stated lowly as he led Wooryeong to the x-ray machine.

It took her a few moments to understand, but she eventually did. Everyone's heard of Hybe-you'd look foolish if you haven't. Wooryeong only knew that they were murderers, though.

"Jin... Kim Seokjin," Wooryeong called out, backing away from Seokjin when he was done with the x-ray. "You're- You're a killer? All of you?" She looked around the room, eyes swimming with fear.

Chaewon stepped forward to explain. "Wooryeong, we-"

"No!"

"Let me explain!" Chaewon suddenly shouted. It went quiet for a few moments, before she parted her lips to speak again. "Jin is only a doctor here at Hybe. And yes, Wooryeong, we kill. And I'm not trying to paint us in a good light, because murder is an awful, awful thing. But... we don't do it for sport. We're not proud of it. We only kill those we have to. It's what we have an assassination squad for. Yunjin and I are a part of it. Besides assassinations, we also do... other activities, and yes, we have rivals. But we promise, we swear on our lives that we would never hurt you, or any other innocent civilian," she explained. The girls nodded along to her words.

Wooryeong seemed pensive. She closed her eyes as a sigh tumbled past her lips.

"Ryeong," Seokjin whispered. Wooryeong hesitantly turned to face him as he grabbed her arm to slip on the brace. "You're like a little sister to me, and I love you. You know that." Wooryeong teared up at his words. "I didn't tell you because I wanted to keep you safe. And I know that if you find out later, it'll just make you upset anyway, so I'll tell you now. Rin is also a part of this family as well," he confessed.

Seokjin looked down at Wooryeong with a sympathetic gaze, before Yunjin interrupted the moment.

"Wait, wait, wait. Doc, how do you two know each other?" She asked.

"Well... You know how I went back to school to get my next degree? Well, for a few months, before she dropped out due to safety issues, Wooryeong and I went to university together. And Wooryeong knows Haerin because you know that girl. She was easily accepted into the university, which is when I introduced her to Wooryeong. Since then, Haerin and I became inseparable from Wooryeong. Haerin and I help Wooryeong a lot... We're all she's got. I had no intention of bringing her into this world, but I guess you guys did."

Yunjin felt a tug at her heart. Was it guilt?

Wooryeong thanked Seokjin as she stepped out of the elevator. Seokjin had just walked her back to the Le Sserafim dormitory
after scolding her one last time. It was a few hours later since the girls brought Wooryeong to the infirmary, which she spent catching up with Seokjin, telling him all about what's happened in the last couple of days.

She slowly made her way to the door leading to the dorm, contemplating if she should knock or not. She still felt like a burden to them because all she's done so far is cause them to worry and take care of her.

It was as if she's at war with herself, several thoughts racing around her mind relentlessly, which wasn't really helping her headache at all.

What if they don't want to see me? What if they forgot about me already? What if they've grown annoyed with me because I'm... Well, me? Maybe I should just go back home and get the beating of my lifetime.

Too deep in her thoughts to notice, Wooryeong had already knocked on the door, and before she knew it, Eunchae was standing in the doorway, looking at Wooryeong with wide eyes. She looked as if she just woke up, which Wooryeong found adorable.

What was I thinking? I must've woken her up!

"O-Oh my god, uhm- Sorry for waking you up. I'll just get going, h-have a good day." Wooryeong gave the maknae a quick smile and turned to leave, but she was grabbed by the elbow before she could even comprehend that it was happening.

"Wooryeong-unnie's back!" Eunchae shouted into the dorm. She excitedly turned back to Wooryeong and then pulled the older into the dorm, shutting the door behind them.