32) changed people

a/n: one more chapter left after this one (':

An ID badge was proudly clipped onto the front of the woman's blood red blazer. The white blouse underneath was undone down to the third button, and her blonde hair cascaded down her back and over her shoulder, adding to her fierce yet nonchalant posture and attitude. Her strides were long, as she had a place to be, yet she somehow still seemed like she was in no particular rush at the moment.

The ID badge read 'Huh Yunjin: Federal Field Agent.'

By her side was another woman, much shorter in height, whose ID badge was secured by a plain black lanyard hung around her neck. Her long, coffee brown hair was tied back into a tight, low ponytail, exuding a professional image, which was necessary for their environment.

Her badge read 'Ha Wooryeong: Federal Worker.'

"Good morning, Miss Huh and Miss Ha," a man greeted the two women as they passed him. He offered them an amiable smile, and it was no surprise when Wooryeong and Yunjin returned the gesture with ease, the blonde doing so as she translated his words in sign language to the other.

The man playfully took Wooryeong's hand in his own and raised it to his lips to press a flirtatious kiss to it. It was something he always did, a familiar greeting, so they were used to it, him pretending to have a crush on Wooryeong, ever since he embarrasingly tried to ask her out when they first met. Yunjin didn't mind it, either, since it was just him; Kim Jitae, who is now a close friend of theirs at the precinct.

"Good morning, Jitae-ssi," Wooryeong greeted him. His name and good morning are one of the few terms in KSL that he knows.

"Good morning, Kim," Yunjin greeted as well, rolling her eyes with a smile. "Did you guys catch that thief last night, eh?" She questioned with a clear teasing tone evident in her voice, knowing that the older man stayed up late filing paperwork for the matter. As she spoke, and as Jitae responded, she translated everything into KSL, no matter what, so that Wooryeong could understand everything that they were saying and not feel left out.

Because of this, Wooryeong giggled and offered jitae a teasing look as well, the other two finding the sound endearing.

Jitae groaned loudly. Wooryeong laughed. "You have no fucking idea how much paperwork that guy gave me," he said with an eyeroll. "You guys should really join the force so you can do it for me. Ugh." But then he smiled again. "I'll let you go now, though, ladies, I'm sure you're here to see Cap," he said as he patted both of their shoulders. He

After nodding firmly, Yunjin and Wooryeong now continuing on their way, the two of them looked at each other, their smiles never leaving their faces, but this time, they were filled to the brim with a familiar sense of love and adoration. For each other.

They've come a long way since everything happened. Everyone has. Everything has.

A lot has changed.

Everyone under HYBE is now a government worker, and they're still working for Bang Sihyuk, thankfully. All of the subunit members (Le Sserafim unit, BTS unit, etcetera) are now federal field agents, some of which whom do other stuff here and there.

Wooryeong, however is simply a regular federal worker. She sticks more to assisting in missions for all of the groups from behind the scenes, doing things such as helping the tech team during a mission, helping the medical team after a mission, making sure everyone is fed after a mission, and sometimes even planning missions with whoever is leading it.

HYBE has done a complete one-eighty in their business. What used to be a successful crime organization, is now the most recent addition to their country's government system. They're now a federal organization helping to fight crime and lower its rates, working with different branches that handle those fields—they even work with Interpol, funnily enough. If you told Yunjin this five months ago, she'd definitely laugh in your face.