20) back in town (unfortunately)

PREVIOUSLY:

Wooryeong looked up at the older with a tired smile. "Nothing much. The security guards called me a dumb bitch, so I called them pricks. They didn't like it so one of them grabbed me by the wrist, and then it got physical. I managed to take out one of them, but the other came up and tried to choke me out from behind, so I called for Taehyung to help me. After that, we came back to the van," she explained.

Yunjin's eyebrows furrowed and her face gradually turned red in anger. But that's when she noticed something. She cupped one of Wooryeong's cheeks and tilted her head to examine her other, which had a handprint as clear as day imprinted on her skin.

"Jesus fucking Christ," she hissed lowly with a scowl on her face.

Wooryeong placed her hand over Yunjin's and caressed the older's knuckles. "I'm fine, Unnie, I promise." And then she smiled up at her.

"You promise?"

"I promise."

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

NOW:
KIM CHAEWON POV.

I

sighed as I made my way back to the dorm with a small box of cookies that Seokjin asked me to deliver to Wooryeong, seeing as he couldn't-the medical unit has been packed since last night, when the entire Seventeen unit returned from a dangerous job, most of them wounded. Seokjin made Wooryeong the cookies a couple of days ago to congratulate her on her success with her first job, but he's only just gotten around to actually giving them to her.

While walking up the stairs leading to the Hybe building's third floor, I ran into an all too familiar face. My eyes widened in surprise.

"Lee Mijoo?" I questioned aloud.

She looked at me. Her face showed shock, but only for a split second, before she displayed an annoying smirk. "Chaewon-unnie~ How are you and the girls?" She asked smugly.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, offering her a look of pure disgust. She always did have a way of getting on my nerves. "It's Kim Chaewon-nim to you. And cut the crap. What are you doing here?" I was growing more and more irritated the more I looked at her.

"Oh, you haven't heard? I suppose that's natural, since I only just arrived. I'm back in the Hybe family," she stated carelessly.

I groaned loudly. She scowled at me, offended by my reaction. Good. "Ugh. My day is ruined now. Just you wait until Yunjin hears about this," I muttered under my breath as I walked past her and continued on my way up the stairs.

"Yah! Come back!" She shouted after me. I simply ignored her and went about the rest of the way to the dorm.

When I arrived, I walked into the living room to see Kazuha and Wooryeong snuggled up together on the couch, watching a K-drama. I smiled at the sight and walked up to them. I handed the box to Wooryeong, who looked up at me, clearly confused.

"Open it," I said, "They're from Jin-ssi."

She opened the tin and smiled when she laid her eyes on the batch of cookies. She grabbed one and took a bite, humming at the delicious taste. She then held the cookie out in front of Kazuha's lips and fed the younger the rest of it.

"I'll be back in a minute, cutie pies." I smiled once more and then turned around. I made my way down the hall and to Yunjin's room. After knocking on the door, to which I received a quiet come in, I pushed the door open to reveal Yunjin sitting on her bed, looking at something on her phone.