11) vanilla & honey

3RD PERSON POV - MONDAY MORNING

Wooryeong woke up early and stretched her back, and then proceeded to swing her legs over the side of the bed, rushing into the bathroom with a pep in her step. She showered quickly and brushed her teeth, and when she was done, she exited the bathroom, clad in only a white towel wrapped around her body.

What she was not expecting was for Yunjin to be lying on her bed when she re-entered her room. A surprised shriek slipped past Wooryeong's lips, causing Yunjin to laugh. One thought circulated through the younger's brain at that moment: I want to hear that sound again. She was honestly surprised to hear Yunjin laugh, seeing as she's only heard it once since she's joined them.

Wooryeong huffed, a bright red blush painting her cheeks as Yunjin got up and walked towards her. That's when Wooryeong remembered that her naked body was only covered by a towel.

Suddenly, the room felt several degrees warmer. Yunjin slowly stepped closer to Wooryeong-the two were now almost chest to chest (disregarding the fact that Yunjin is much taller).

Much to Wooryeong's surprise, Yunjin leaned down and gently nuzzled her nose against the younger's neck, carefully snaking her arms around her waist and pulling her closer.

Wooryeong didn't know what to make of the situation. What do these actions mean? She's not stupid. While she's aware that skinship is common in South Korea, she most definitely knows that Yunjin isn't normally the type to act like this, so something must've changed. She was brought out of her thoughts when Yunjin mumbled something under her breath.

"W-What was that... Unnie?" Wooryeong whispered, unsure if Yunjin would be okay with her addressing her with those honorifics.

Thankfully, Yunjin didn't seem to mind.

"Warm. And you smell good," she muttered lazily, louder this time.

Wooryeong's face flushed. Not knowing what to do with her hands, she slowly let go of the hem of the towel, which she previously had an iron grip on, and wrapped them around Yunjin's neck.

"Unnie," Wooryeong called out after several beats of a comfortable silence.

Yunjin hummed.

"Is everything alright? Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thing, but... you're usually not... touchy." Wooryeong's eyes and voice held genuine concern. As much as she was enjoying this moment and the closeness, her first priority was to make sure Yunjin was okay.

Yunjin lifted her head to gaze down at Wooryeong, and cracked a small smile, which caused the younger to absentmindedly mirror her actions. "I'm fine, I promise. I just... I feel like it's time that I let down a few walls. Kkura-unnie said it would be good for me, and I... I kinda like it so far. This whole skinship thing isn't so bad."

Wooryeong hummed. "If you don't mind me asking, why are you so cold in the first place? You don't have to tell me, I'm just a little curious."

Yunjin shook her head. "It's fine. There's no traumatic or dramatic story behind it. Even my parents' murder isn't the reason. It's a little silly to admit, but..." Yunjin averted her gaze shyly, something Wooryeong never thought she would see. "I began to act this way because I thought it was how I needed to act since I began to live a life of crime. I guess it kind of stuck since then," she explained. Wooryeong appeared to be shocked by this information, making the tips of Yunjin's ears burn bright red. "And... I'm really sorry if I've seemed like a jerk at any point since we first met. I actually... really like being around you."

With those words said, Yunjin quickly rested her head on Wooryeong's shoulder, clearly embarrassed. Wooryeong giggled, the sound only softening when she felt Yunjin rubbing her side tenderly.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about, it's not silly at all. You were young at the time. I honestly found it kind of jarring at first, and every time you did something even the tiniest bit nice, it always shocked me. It kinda still does. I'm so used to you being reserved and quiet and always having a blank expression," Wooryeong confessed. Then, she removed one of her arms from around Yunjin's neck, and delicately placed a hand on the older's cheek. She looked into Yunjin's eyes. "And I'm really glad that you're coming out of your shell and going out of your way to initiate skinship. If it means anything, I'm proud. Plus, this means we can become even closer, yeah?"

Yunjin nodded. After a few moments, she reluctantly pulled away, making Wooryeong frown subconsciously at the lack of warmth. "I should let you get dressed. When do you have to be on campus?" Yunjin asked.

Wooryeong grinned. "In an hour."

"You cool with me driving you? It's your first time leaving Hybe since you've come, I wanna make sure you get there safely," she admitted.

Wooryeong's smile only grew wider as she nodded. "Of course. Thanks."

With that, Yunjin gave Wooryeong's hair a light ruffle, before walking out of the room.

Outside of the bedroom, upon seeing Yunjin turn to leave, a figure quickly scurried away from the scene.