30) as long as i have you, i'm saved

REMINDER: bold text is (korean) sign language.

3 DAYS LATER – 3RD PERSON POV.

Wooryeong huffed as she gripped the beams on either side of her with a tight grip. She then pressed her lips into a thin line.

"You've got this, baby," Yunjin signed from in front of her, afterwards placing her hands back on the brunette's small waist and continuing to help her walk forward.

It was yet another day of physical therapy to help Wooryeong get back on her feet and walking again. Yunjin was the one helping her walk today, as the doctor stood to the side and watched carefully, and as Eunchae, Chaewon, Taehyung, and Jimin sat across the room and watched as well.

Yunjin momentarily removed her hands from Wooryeong's waist again, cautiously allowing the younger to hold onto the bars at her sides. "Do you want to give it a go and try to take a step on your own?"

Wooryeong slowly nodded. She reluctantly removed her hands from the bars, yet remained glued to her spot. But eventually, she took a step. And then another. She was able to take one more before she began to feel tired, causing her to quickly grab the bars again.

A wide grin took over her previously determined expression as Yunjin squealed and wrapped her arms around her waist, lifting her off of the ground and spinning her around.

"She did it! She did it, guys!" Yunjin called out as she looked over at her members and the older boys. The smile on her face was the brightest that the four of them have ever seen, and that made them happy. They're happy that she's happy. They're happy because they know that things are still okay.

Like Wooryeong told them a few days ago, things will be okay.

"Did it!" Wooryeong exclaimed to herself, hugging Yunjin tightly.

The older held her just the same, burying her face in the crook of her warm neck. Yunjin pressed a few soft kisses to the brunette's soft skin, something she often did to comfort her. "You're doing so well, baby girl," she whispered to Wooryeong.

Wooryeong gave Yunjin a light squeeze (as her muscles aren't that strong yet), and kissed her cheek.

When she pulled away, with Yunjin keeping her hands on her hips, she raised her hands.

"I love you."

೫  THE NEXT DAY.  ೫

Yunjin hummed to herself as she helped Wooryeong get dressed. She would always laugh when the younger would playfully kick her legs as she tried to put on her pants.

Wooryeong was sad that she would never be able to hear Yunjin's laugh again, but that's just how things turned out. At least she saved a young life in exchange for losing an aspect of her own.

"Ready to go?" Yunjin asked her after slipping on her shoes. Wooryeong nodded and grabbed Yunjin's hand before standing up with her help.

After leaving the hospital, for the next two hours, the couple walked around the city on foot, to exercise Wooryeong's muscles with something besides her scheduled physical therapy. Throughout the entire time, the younger walked with a slight stutter in her step and would occasionally stumble, but for the most part, she was doing pretty well. Her doctors and her found family couldn't be more proud of her progress.

But as they continued to walk, Yunjin noticed that Wooryeong's gaze would occasionally be directed at the pavement beneath them, her grip on the older's hand tight as Yunjin made sure she didn't run into passerbys. Wooryeong's lips were tugged down in a light frown, and her eyes appeared to be a bit glassy.