29) who we love, you

PREVIOUSLY:

When they pulled away from each other a second time, they were both breathing heavily as they stared into each other's eyes, warm breath hitting each other's skin. Yunjin occasionally pecked Wooryeong's swollen lips as they caught their breath.

"Beautiful," Yunjin whispered breathily as she swiped her thumb across the younger's bottom lip.

NOW: CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
3RD PERSON POV.

A single crystal-like tear slid down Yunjin's pale cheek as she stared down at the unmoving body lying on the hospital bed in front of her. An uneasy, sick feeling stirred around in the pit of her empty stomach. She felt sick every time she looked at her. Every time she saw her sleeping face and was reminded of her poor state.

The ravenette gulped softly, before shuffling away from the bedside, only to place the bouquet of yellow daffodils on the table at the foot of her bed, and then return to her precious spot.

She sat down at the bedside and extended a shaky hand. Hers completely engulfed the cold one belonging to none other than Ha Wooryeong.

And just like every time she came, Yunjin took a moment to look over Wooryeong's now seemingly unfamiliar features. Her slightly paler skin, slimmer cheeks, slightly disheveled hair. For some reason, to Yunjin and the girls, the young twenty-one-year-old looked unrecognizable to them. They hated that.

"Hey, baby girl," Yunjin suddenly whispered, breaking the strange, gloomy silence suffocating everyone in the room. She looked down at Wooryeong with a longing look in her eyes. "It's been awhile since we've been able to see you smile. Too long, really. I just- I-I just want to hear your laugh. I-I-I want to- to hear your voice again. Please," she brokenly pleaded with the younger, though she knew it would be fruitless.

Wooryeong's in a coma. Has been for two months, and she's shown no signs of waking up anytime soon. Yunjin doesn't know how much longer she can continue to hold on for.

Yunjin could hear Eunchae and Chaewon weeping softly, presumably in each other's arms, while Sakura was completely still and unmoving, staring blankly at the wall, and Kazuha was trying to distract herself by reading a news article on her phone.

But Yunjin's thought bubble burst when she felt something squeeze her hand.

It felt as if her whole world stopped and the breath was knocked out of her lungs as she stared incredulously into the now open eyes of Ha Wooryeong, the love of her life. Was this reality?

"Baby? Baby?" Everyone's heads snapped up when Yunjin said this, her voice sounding bewildered.

Yunjin shot up and out of her seat and was instantly hunched over the bedside, her trembling hands reaching out to cup Wooryeong's cheeks. The younger gazed up at her with a dazed look in her eyes, her lips slightly parted. She made a few noises, but none of it was coherent or understandable. But she took the leader by surprise when she started crying. Several tears rolled down Wooryeong's cheeks as she looked up at Yunjin.

But just by looking into Wooryeong's glassy eyes, and by the way the younger was weakly tugging her closer, Yunjin could tell that she was crying because she was happy. The ravenette carefully leaned down and kissed Wooryeong's forehead.

"My love. My love. I love you so much. So, so much, and I'm so happy to see you," Yunjin whispered to Wooryeong, whose eyes watered. Yunjin missed the look of confusion on her face. Wooryeong began to make more noise, and Yunjin's heart skipped a beat in adoration and joy when she realized that Wooryeong was whispering say 'I love you.' The ravenette smiled softly and chuckled, nodding her head.