10) this is my life now

HA WOORYEONG POV.

A few days have passed since the night of Ilsung's death, and on the same night, the news had spread like wildfire. As soon as it reached Mr. Bang, he wasted no time in visiting our dorm.

THREE DAYS AGO ;
Around 5 AM

There was a knock on the door. The girls and I were sitting in the living room after eating, and we were all just talking about whatever came to mind. Yunjin stood up to get the door, and when she opened it, she was greeted by the face of Bang Sihyuk.

Yunjin bowed. "Good morning, Boss," she greeted him with a blank expression.

Mr. Bang nodded his head in acknowledgement, before proceeding to invite himself in. He walked up to a chair in the living room and sat down in it, and then looked at me.

"Ha Wooryeong," he started, a frown etched on his face. My heart skipped a beat. Am I in trouble? His next words made that worry vanish. "I am so sorry about what happened tonight. It must've been scary. You've only just barely begun training. Are you okay?" He asked, leaning forward.

I nodded quickly, bowing in my seat. "Yes, sir, thank you. It was my first time seeing... a dead body," I whispered, taking a deep breath, "but I'm going to have to get over it, as this is my life now, right? Plus, the girls are very supportive, and are helping me along the way," I stated. All of the girls smiled.

Mr. Bang hummed. "That's fantastic, I'm glad to hear that. I also wanted to discuss something with you, Wooryeong. I was planning on calling you to my office on Friday, but this hell of a Tuesday morning is going to have to do."

I tilted my head, curious, and nodded, gesturing to him to continue.

He smiled warmly at me. "How would you feel if I said you can pursue a college education, all expenses paid for by Hybe?" He asked.

My eyes widened in shock. I covered my mouth and looked to my right, where Eunchae sat, and she squealed loudly and threw her arms around me, squeezing tightly. I mimicked her actions and smiled brightly. When Eunchae and I separated, I looked back at Mr. Bang, who wore an equally as bright smile, and clasped my hands together.

"That would be amazing, Mr. Bang, you have no idea!" I exclaimed.

He nodded his head and stood up. "Well, that settles it, then. We looked into your education background and saw your majors and minors. Would you like to continue with those courses?"

"Yes, sir."

"Consider it done. Classes start next Monday."

The day after my talk with Mr. Bang, Seokjin and Haerin decided to take me out-probably to take my mind off of the incident.

TWO DAYS AGO.

I groaned when the covers were torn away from my body, and a gust of cold wind hit me. Goosebumps raised on my skin. I opened my eyes, an angry pout on my lips as I looked up at whoever pulled the covers from me.

I was met with Haerin and Seokjin grinning down at me, which made a smile slowly stretch across my lips. "What are you guys planning?" I asked, closing my eyes as Haerin laid on top of me.

Seokjin sat down beside me and leaned back on Haerin and I. "Best friends day out, duh."

I opened one eye. "Where to?"

Seokjin tilted his head and turned to look back at me. "Are you up to leaving the headquarters, or do you want to save that for when you go to school?" He asked.

"I'd like to stay here for now, but what can we do here?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

Haerin spoke up this time. "Ah, ah, ah! We have a pool here, and a game room, too! Oh, and a home cinema room!"

I nodded. "Then what are we waiting for?"

Haerin and Seokjin chuckled.

"HaKimKang has arrived!" Haerin shouted as we entered the back garden.

We decided to do something lowkey, so we're going to be sitting in the garden, reading stories and making flower crowns for each other.

Haerin sat down on a bench, so I laid down next to her and rested my head in her lap as I held a book in my hand. Seokjin sat on the opposite end of the bench and let me lay my legs across his.

With that, I began to read aloud to them.

Almost two hours later, the three of us returned to my dorm, giggling like a group of children returning from a playdate. As we walked up to the door, I turned to pull them into a hug.

"Haerin, Seokjin," I mumbled.

They both hummed.

I pulled away from them and offered them a soft smile. "I'm really grateful to have you both, I want you to know that. Without you guys in my life, I would've given up a long time ago, so thank you. You both mean the world to me," I confessed. "And we haven't hung out like this in, like, two weeks, we have to do it more!" I whined, trying to end on a lighter note. I guess I failed, because I looked at Haerin and saw tears in her eyes.

Seokjin saw too and placed a hand on Haerin's head, ruffling her head, before pulling both of us against his chest. Haerin and I hugged him tightly.

"We're just as thankful, trust me. We love you so much, sweetheart, I promise. So much."

I never want to let go.

FLASHBACK END.

I'm forever grateful that I have the friends that I do. I'm grateful that they walked into my life and have no plans on leaving it.