24) mission log: 겁 없는 나 (pt. one)

a/n: so... it's been a while, i'm sorry. TT i'm not really sure if this chapter will be good or not for all of you, but yeah... i'm not sure what i want for this book, or how i'm gonna end it, but i have some ideas. anyway, i'm sick rn and i have to do some chores and schoolwork soon, so bye. ♡

I briskly walked down the hallway as I hurried to the meeting room. Today, I would be going on my very first job without the girls, and I'm honestly kind of excited for it. In the one week since the training incident, I've been practicing even more, and the girls often voice how proud of me they are — and they've started joking that I could beat them all up if I tried, which never fails to make me laugh.

When I reached my destination, I pushed the door open and smiled at the NJ members.

"Hey, girls," I called out.

Hyein and Danielle came up to hug me, and although Danielle let go afterwards, Hyein continued to hug me. Minji and Han greeted me from their seats, meanwhile Haerin stood up and gave me a high-five, before the two of us went to our seats. I let Hyein sit on my lap, seeing as she wouldn't let go — we've both become pretty fond of each other in the time that I've spent with the girls. Although I see all of the NJ members as little sisters, Hyein is like a baby to me, therefore I coddle her a lot more.

"Okay," Minji started, standing up with her hands clasped together behind her back. She stood tall with serious posture and a matching expression. "For today's job, we have to infiltrate a gala, specifically the YGYBM, which stands for the Youth Gala for Young and Brilliant Minds. After that, we'll gather intel and then do what we have to do, which will be explained in the papers I'm about to give you, got it?"

We all nodded.

"All of us will have falsified background stories, so take a look at these papers," Minji stated as she handed out sheets to the five of us. "Let's go over them. I'll go first."

She picked up her sheet. "My name is Kim Ahyeon, I'm eighteen years old and I'm from Haeundae-gu, Busan. I've just graduated from Hanlim, I have a passion for dancing, and my dream is to become a world-famous competitive dancer." She then looked at Han and nodded.

Han smiled as she read hers. "My name is Han Seonyeong, an eighteen-year-old girl from Gangnam-gu, Seoul, who has just attended SOPA and has started on her career path of becoming a globally recognized singer."

After that, we kept going.

We were now on our way to the gala, and I'm excited for this job. For all of the jobs I've done so far, I've played a small role in them. But in this one, I get to play a bigger one. I'll be gathering information from a select couple of people that we're targeting for this job. Our goal is to gather information on when there will be a trade of goods between two gangs, because the group that's selling the goods stole them from Hybe, and Hybe wants them back. Which is where the girls and I come in.

Pulling up to the venue, the door to the limousine was opened by a man who stood tall and wore a blank expression. He mumbled a polite good evening to each of us as he helped us out of the vehicle.

When we were all out, we stood in a line and waited for Yeonjun, our driver and an assassin for Hybe, to hand the car keys over to a chauffeur. Once he did, he approached us and propped his arm up on Minji's shoulder as he twirled a lollipop around in his fingers.

"Are you girls ready?" He asked.

We all nodded.

He smirked. "Let's get this party started then."