~chapter 5~

~Author's POV~

"Aap ki himmat kaise huyi! " The young girl retorted back, separating herself from the prince. Jerking the prince away with force, which made him stumble back.

Yes! She was our Vaidehi. The pious beauty.

It was for the first time somebody had ever raised their voice on the prince. Firstly this girl had the audacity to say no to the prince's advances and she even dared to raise her voice on him! This was too much for Rutvendra to take!

"Aap samajte kya hai khudko ha!? " Vaidehi again asked fuming with anger. She had came across a lot of men who would look at women as if they were some toy to play with. She had seen lust in those eyes a lot many times.

Her raised voice had seeked the attention of the villagers who all were present there. All the villagers had gathered around, but nobody dared to speak a word, because they knew the man in front of them was danger.

" Pallavgad ke rajkumar! " Rutvendra said with no ounce of guilt or shame.
" Acchi tarah se janta hu tum jaisi ladkiyon ko. Sundar toh tum ho nahi, jara sa bhaav kya diya, kuch jyada hi lalchi ho rahi ho. Gaavalo ke samne tamasha karke apni kimat badaana chahti ho!.
Bolo kitne paise logi ek raat ke? " He asked Vaidehi, being his cocky self.

Some of the villagers around felt disgusting after hearing the prince speak. There were mummers going in between the villagers that didn't fail to reach the prince's ears.

" Chii! Khudko rajkumaar kehte hai aur batai rasto par ladkiya chednewalye lafange jaisi! Maan toh kar raha hai apke kaan ke niche ek jor ka chattaa maru, par aap jaise gandi soch wale insaan ko haath laga kar hum apne haath gande nahi karna chahte hai!"Vaidehi said her voice dripping with anger and disgust.

"Agar aap jaisi soch rakhne wala takt pat betha tab toh.. Chiii! " Vaidehi said being utterly disgusted with the man who was standing infront of her.
"Jo aurat ki kimat lagaye uski khud ki koyi kimat nahi hoti!aur aise log raja kya..iss samaj mei rehne ke layak bhi nahi hote! " She added.

With this the villagers also beckoned Vaidehi and came out in her support. Atleast those who knew to distinguish between right and wrong came forward and said their say.

This was it, Rutvendra had had enough, never in his life had he felt this insulted and humiliated. Those peasant villagers who were living at his mercy had started talking back to him. All because of that girl.

The insult that he faced, the humiliation that he felt, the way his ego was buised was beyond what words could ever define.

Seeing the aggression fuming in the villagers, Rutvendra's trusted men pacified him to move out of that place and recede back home.

Rutvendra left from there, not before giving a last, a dangerous look to Vaidehi. But she to dared to look into his eyes directly which infuriated him more.

______ _______ _____________ _______ _______

~Inside the car~

Rutvendra was fuming with anger.
How he became a mocking stuff in front of those cheap villagers..Those scenes were running in front of his eyes.
The people other than him, in the car could sense his anger.
Just then, Rutvendra commanded his assistant, Mr. Patel," Aaj jo kuch bhi huwa, uske bare mei na hi ghar mei aur na hi media ko kuch bhi pata chalne paye! "
His voice sounded dangerous.
" Ji kuwar sa! Hum sab sumbhal lenge! " Mr. Patel assured the prince.

Rutvendra closed his eyes! The only thing that he was thinking now was about how to revenge for his humiliation from that vile girl.

He had made up his mind, the girl who dared to reject his advances, who dared to raise her voice in front of him, who humiliated him, insulted him, hurted his manly ego would face ten times the humiliation and insult that he felt, he,himself will make sure she does.

He would render her so humiliated, that she won't be able to show her face to anybody.

Rutvendra had made up his mind.

____ ______ ________ ___________ ___________

After the prince had left, Vaidehi also made her way out, heading towards her home.
She was still in trauma of the series of events that took place.

Starting her scooter she headed towards her house.
Yes! Her house!
It was located at a distance of few minutes or so from the government school in a suburban area.
It was not a crowded area, rather a quiet, subtle one. Few people around, fresh air to breathe.
Around her house were few houses of some middle class educated people a lot of them working in the nearby metro city, few shops selling essentials etc.
It was located in between the village and the urban hub.

Amongst this, she stayed there too! All alone.

( Vaidehi's house)

( Vaidehi's house)

On unlocking her door, Vaidehi moved inside the house and laid herself on the sofa after taking in a glass of water.

She was disgusted. The feeling that was creeping inside her after that unwanted touch was making it way too difficult for her. Tears had already made their way to her eyelids even though she had been strong enough to not let them flow, neither in front of the prince nor the villagers. She did act brave.

But the truth was, she was not as brave as she tried pretending to be. All her life she fought, with situations, circumstances, destiny... Even with her own self. But she could never fight with the monsters lurking around her in the skin of humans.
It was not that she hated people or so! There were a lot of people she liked, admired, respected, loved.
But then, she was wronged by these humans only.

Devoid of love, care, and affection, since childhood, Vaidehi had stopped looking out for these things.
The girl who wanted nothing more than few words of love and care, now had no expectations from the world.

All she had in her life was her professional that she loved, a home that felt worth returning back to after a tiring day, two random people whom she met in the most ordinary way possible, but they somehow became the only important people in her life..her "brothers", an ever encouraging and supporting boss, and her dance.

Family, she did have one, whom she would visit and see too only when they felt like calling her over.

While struggling through life all alone, she had learnt to keep her self respect above everything. But at times, she would crumble to the cruelty of this world.

Dance, what to say about Vaidehi's dance.. She was not a professional dancer.. But she was trained by the best! Her mother!
Dance was the only thing of her parents that was left in her.So she would practice it randomly, mainly when she remembered her parents.

Vaidehi used to teach dance to the children in the government school, every once in a week or so for nearly an hour.

Earlier, before purchasing her current house, she used to stay in the locality where the government school was present. The children used to watch her dance at times. Looking at their interest, she thought why not to teach the kids as well!

And that's how she became the children's favorite "dance wali madam".

_____________ __________ ____________ ______

Hope you'll like the chapter!
Please vote and comment! 🐨
Love Love❤