chapter 39

Raaghav had left for office after dropping Vaidehi to hospital as usual.

At the traffic signal as he had stopped his car for the signal to turn green, he saw something that eventually turned his day into a bad one.

In the car, just a car away from his, were seated the Yaduvanshi's. But it was not Rutvendra and Anaisha who made his blood boil, rather it was the other couple, Mr. Randhir Yaduvanshi and Mrs. Damyatti   Yaduvanshi.

He quickly turned his vision to the other side. He wanted to quickly get away from that place as soon as possible.
But his eyes betrayed him as he found himself staring towards them.
He thought, what a happy family they four looked like. A complete,happy family.
He envied the happiness that was radiating from that car. He didn't wanted to feel jealous, but he couldn't help it. He observed how Randhir Yaduvanshi had lovingly held his wife's hand. He observed how they four were laughing over something. He felt as if they were laughing over him. His miseries.

As the signal turned green, he speeded through the roads.
His mind didn't wanted to. But it did started wondering to the times when he was a part of a happy family as well. When it was he who used to share laughs with his father. When he used to be loved by his parents.

He hitted the stearing wheel hard as the car came to a hault.
He gripped the wheel hard, till his knuckles turned white. He hated himself. He hated himself for thinking about the past. He hated himself for imagining a happy family, when all he knew was he was unlovable.

Raaghav's mood had already turned sour. His irritation and anger was at peak. The employees felt it as they saw their boss, with a even more stoic face then his usual.
Bhaskar, his Pa knew that today was not the day, that people should take chances with his boss.
Raaghav even skipped his lunch.

At around, 3'oclock in the evening, Bhaskar informed his boss about a letter, that was directed on his boss's name.
Though Raaghav was irritated already, but looking at the name that was printed on the envelope, he opened the letter.
It was from, an NGO.

Raaghav quickly went through the letter. As he finished reading the letter, he threw the paper on the desk as he stood up furiously. Veins of his hands and forehead were bulging out.

Bhaskar who stood in front of him, could clearly see how furiously his blood was pumping through the veins.
"What nonsense is this! ", Raaghav shouted.
" Sir.. Woh...
"Call the lawyer, this very moment. " Raaghav commended, as he gulped down an entire glass of water in a go.

Bhaskar quickly dialled the number, and handed the phone to Raaghav.
After a ring or two, the call was picked, "Hello sir! " A professional tone was heard from the other end.
"I am forwarding you a letter! Interpret and tell me the judicial implications! " Raaghav said, his voice till dripping his intense anger.

He kept the call with that. Forwarding a photo of the letter, he waited for the lawyer to ring back.
He had dismissed Bhaskar by now.

After nearly five minutes of impatient waiting, Raaghav finally heard from  the lawyer's side.
"Speak! "He nearly shouted.
" Sir.. That..
"I said speak! Mr. Sharma! "Raaghav said in a finality tone.
" Sir it's a letter from the Seva Sadhan NGO. It's states that the recent rights of the Shantidhara orphanage that you got is questionable. They have stated that they are challenging your rights on the orphanage, on the grounds that you are tormenting the staff and children over there. The letter says that, you are mentally harassing the staff and specially the small children. It also says that you acquired the orphanage for your personal illegal activities. Keeping this as the basis they are challenging you in the court. ", Mr. Sharma, Raaghav's lawyer finished.
" Worst possibility? "Raaghav asked.
" Sir, if the case goes on in the court, and they present the children and staff as false witnesses of being tormented, and if we loose the case, then the Orphanage will go either to the government or to the NGO. But chances of it going to the NGO are larger. "The lawyer informed.
" Way out? "Raaghav again asked.
" If we could make the children and the staff towards our side! ", the lawyer said.
" Hmm! ", Raaghav hummed as he kept down the phone.