Chapter 36

~ Next day ~

Raaghav had taken a day off.
As he was giving a home tour to Vaidehi who was gwaking at the royalty with big eyes. Certainly it wasn't possible to show her the entire mahal in a single day, and even though they had started just after the breakfast, even after nearly two hours they covered only few areas.

Vaidehi enjoyed how Raaghav would describe to her the palace. Every now and then he would narrate a tale or two related to the place.

What she didn't realize was,he was slowly becoming a comfort person for her. A necessity. Mere presence of his would calm her disturbed heart.

Raaghav haulted on the staircase. Vaidehi looked towards him, while he gestured her to look towards the wall.
And there it lied, a big photoframe, of a women whose eyes conveyed only love. There was a serenity on her face. The feactures that the lady possesed were very similar to Raaghav. Those deep eyes, sharp nose, blackish hair having a few white strands, and the serene smile.

"Yeh humari maa hai! ", Raaghav said, his eyes still fixed onto the picture.
" Bohot pyaari hai! "Vaidehi said still admiring the lady.
Raaghav turned towards her, looking at her face for moments with his eyes that had turned moist, he said, " Bohot pyaari thi! "

Vaidehi too turned towards him, looking into those orbs, as if she could read them clearly, she again said, "Bohot pyaari hai! "
Raaghav looked at her disbelievingly. But he could get the underlying reason.
After all, our own people never leave us they say na!

Raaghav not being able to handle the gaze turned towards the frame again as he continued, " I lost her when I was 14."
"Agar woh aapse milti toh bohot pasand karti aapko! You are just like her! " He said, still being stuck by the frame.

Vaidehi looked at him lovingly, anybody could tell that He missed his mom dearly.
"Kaash.." But then realising that he was drawing towards his darkness again, the darkness that had filled his life after his mother's demise, till the entry of Vaidehi in his life, he shook the thoughts away.
" Chaliye, baaki mahal dikhate hai aapko! ", he continued.
Vaidehi too didn't wanted him to become sad so she gave in.

They strolled few rooms, the extravagant corridors . Vaidehi was observing everything with the excitement of a child.

They then entered another room. Raaghav softly opened its doors as he guided Vaidehi in.

"Yeh maa aur unka kamra hai!
Ab maa ki hi sari yaadein ked hai isme! ", Raaghav said as he guided Vaidehi through the room.

Vaidehi had got to know that Rutvendra and Raaghav were step brothers. Moreover, she had seen it herself that Raaghav's relationship with his father was pretty stained. So him refering to his father as unka didn't came as a new thing.

Vaidehi observed how this room was way too different from the rest. It had a familiar vibe. The room was well lit, perfectly maintained, as if it was frequently being visited.
The colours of the walls, the curtains all were welcoming. Vaidehi slightly ran her hand as she walked pass the various items.
" Jab bhi maa ki yaad aati hai, toh yaha aakar beth jata hu! "Raaghav said as if remisncing all the time.
" Pata hai maa ko nila rang bohot pasand tha, isiliye yeh walls sab blue hai. "Raaghav said as he himself ran his hands through the walls.
It was for the first time after so long that he allowed someone in this room. Ever since he had started staying in this mahal, he had not allowed anyone not even his own father to enter this room.

" Bohot hi aapna sa lag raha hai yeh kamra! "Vaidehi said, admiring the room.
Raaghav just admired her.

As the evening passed, they both called it a day.
Vaidehi was happy, finally someone had made time for her.