~Chapter 12~

Abhishek on getting no response from Vaidehi tapped on the door again!
" Open the door! Fast! " His voice was showing the frustration, anger, helplessness that he was carrying with himself.
" Agar aap yaha yeh soch kar aaye hai ki aap hume maana lenge, toh please chale jayiye! " Another voice rang! Though it was not that loud, but it to had the same amount of determination as Abhishek's.
" Hum aakhiri baar keh rahe hai, open the door, otherwise tod denge hum isse! " Abhishek said.

After few minutes, Vaidehi did open the door.
Abhishek looked into her eyes while he entered her room. Her eyes where red, so was her nose totally indicating that
she had cried! But her eyes showed the determination that she carried to defy this wedding! No way was she going to give in to her family's demands.
Abhishek closed the door.

" Sab chahte hai, yeh shaadi ho! "
" Aap humse pooch rahe hai ya bata rahe hai? Agar bata rahe hai, toh hum bhi aapko ek baat bata de, hum.yeh.shaadi.nahi.karenge! Kabhi nahi! "Vaidehi shouted angrily. Hell no! She was not going to compromise on her life.
" Vaidehi! Humne tumse keh diya na! "
" Toh kya ha? Toh kya? Aap chahte hai hum humari poori zindagi kisi ke naam kar de! Woh bhi aise hi kisi koh!"
" Aise hi kisi ko.. "Abhishek chuckled.  "Yeh maat bhoolo woh Pallavgad ke hone wale raja hai! Hume toh yeh samaj mei nahi aah raha ki unhone tumhe.. tumhe kaise pasand kiya! "
" Exactly, hum hi kyu! Hone wale raja hai hai! Unhe toh koi bhi mil sakta hai  na! Toh humari hi zindagi kyu barbaad karne uthe hai woh! "
By now Abhishek was fuming. He was already frustrated, his dadusa's tension was roaming in his mind. And here, she was not moving an inch away from her decision.
"Konsi zindagi? Woh jo humare muhlaat mili hai tumhe? " By now Abhishek had lost it.
" Yeh maat bhulo Vaidehi, tum aaj jo ho, jaisi ho humare aisaan se ho! "
" Aisaan? "
" Ha aisaan! Tum yeh jo jeevan jee rahi ho, ye sari meri dein hai! Yeh maat bhulo bachapan se tumhare Sare kharche humne uthaye hai! "

Vaidehi was shocked. She never thought her brother would say that all the help that he ever gave her, since childhood after the demise of her father, was in the name of pity,in the name of favour,according to her brother. She had always thought that he did it out of love.

Abhishek with the help of their grandfather was the one who took all the burden of her education till her tenth grade. Yes! Of course all her food, dresses everything was looked after by the Ranawat's but only till her tenth. But isn't it what every family does for the children. Every family does give these basic facilities to their children right!?
Then why was she asked to return all those facilities in terms of her whole life.

" Toh aap woh ginvayeinge aab? Yu blackmail karenge aap hume? "
" Ha bilkul! Tumare upar humne bohot kharche kiye hai! Tumhari padhai- likhayi,khana peena, kapde wagera sabke liye hamne paise diye hai! Aur ab woh sab return karwane ka samay aah gaya hai! Yeh shaadi kar ke aisaan chukoa humara! " Abhishek shouted.
"Aap aisa nahi kar sakte bhai... Vaidehi was in tears now. Everything was becoming so very difficult for her.
" Hum kar sakte hai! Ek toh tum humne tumpar jitna kharcha kiya hai woh return karo.. Jo kitna huwa hai uska andaza toh tum laga hi sakti ho or else marry Rutvendra ji. " Abhishek said firmly.

" And when I mean to return all the favours I hope you remember that with it comes your so called freedom to.
Tumhe jab tenth ke baad ghar chod kar on your own rehne ka decision kiya tha tab humne dadusa se jhagad kar tumhe yeh.. Yeh jo tumhari aazadi  hai woh dilwayi hai tumhe! "

Yes it was true! By the time Vaidehi reached tenth she had suffered quite a lot. She knew that leaving in the Ranawat villa would turn her into a lifeless mortal. She didn't wanted that to happen. She had dreams. Dreams that she along with her father .. Her baba had seen for her. She had to accomplish them. So.. She decided to move out. In the accordance, she had carefully chosen a higher educational institution that was far from her villa. She knew once she was out of the villa, slowly slowly the family would forget her.
That's what happened. Though in the initial one-two months Abhishek did sent her money, but then as contacts got lost, he too got busy in his own life, in handling the  Ranawat empire.
She then started managing things on her own, she did odd jobs, secured scholarships for herself and completed her education.

She achieved all her dreams on her own.

But for all this to happen, she knew how important the step of moving out from the Ranawat villa was for her. In this, it was Abhishek who had helped her. He was the one who has convinced everyone.

" Please. . Hum nahi karna chate yeh shaadi! Please. " Vaidehi was huffing in between her sobs.

But what Abhishek said next, was enough to get her body stiffened.

" Tumhari wajah se humne already humare maa- baba ko kho diya hai! Ab aur kisiko nahi khona chahte hum!  Please humari zindagi se chali jao! " His voice was not loud, nor did it showed any anger. It just held an unknown emotion. He sounded as a small child, somebody who lost his everything at that point of his life when he was not even ready to take on that loss.
Abhishek's words came as a blame, as a accusation that he had always laid upon Vaidehi.
His words triggered those memories of Vaidehi, which always took away her peace.
By now her tears had stopped, her eyes that were red, due to her continues crying, were staring directly into Abhishek's eyes, as if asking him about why? Why was she held responsible for what she never did! Why he.. Her own brother didn't take her side, but rather accused her of killing her own parents! Why! Couldn't they just go back to the good times, when things were so right and beautiful.

But she knew, now there's no way that any good time would ever come in her life. Her life had turned dark on that one miserable day and ever since that it's only darkness that her life has.

The fact that everybody considered her the reason of why her parents were not there, living! The fact that a daughter herself was held responsible for taking the lives of her own parents. This very fact had caused so much of trauma and pain to her! But she did come out of it! She did! People saying this stuff to her now would not matter to her!

But her own brother's words did! It gave the same pain again. No matter how strong she gets, the pain that her own people caused her will never leave her back.

Vaidehi accepted her fate. If this was what her destiny had written for her! Then so be it! She'll face it! She'll put herself in the endless tunnel of darkness.

          " She'll marry Rutvendra! "

After nearly a long pause Vaidehi said, " Ha! ".

Abhishek felt a ping in his heart when he recalled about his parents. But on hearing Vaidehi's positive response, everything felt ok.
" Hum dadusa ko batate hai! Kaal sari shopping vagera kar dena! Time bohot kam bachha hai, tumhe agar tumhari taraf se kisi ko bulana hai, toh woh bhi kar dena! "Abhishek said and waited for her reply.

Vaidehi didn't say anything, just hummed.

_______ ____________________ _______________

Abhishek later informed all the family members about Vaidehi's affirmation. Vishwanath was happy. He immediately rang the Yaduvanshi's to inform the same.

Aanisha and Nandini didn't hesitate from showing their disinterest.

Rutvendra on the other hand was smirking! Only if he knew, that "Everything falls apart, only to fall in place again! "

___________ __________________ _____________

Hope the chapter's good enough!
Please vote and comment!
Love Love ❤