~Chapter 51~

As they got into the room, with Vaidehi still in his arms, Raaghav carried her to the washroom. Water was dripping from both of them.

He made her stand in the bathroom, as he went out to the closet and brought their clothes.
As he came back, he saw Vaidehi had put on the shower and was standing beneath it.
It was so very painful for him to see his Vaidu like that.

He himself went inside. Turning the temperature of the water to turn warmer, he let her be like that for few minutes.

But, not for long.
He softly pulled her out of the shower and handed her clothes.
"Raaghav.. Hum..
" Kapde badaliye Vaidu. Aapko thand lag jayegi. ", he said.
She didn't move.
" Humare liye, Please! ", he cooed. He would have done it himself. But he knew that would be wrong.

Vaidehi finally took the clothes, and went to change.

Raaghav got himself changed as well.
He was drieng his hairs, when Vaidehi came out.
She certainly looked drained.

He again scooped her in his arms. She didn't react. It was as if all her emotions were drained.
Settling her on the dressing table's chair, he dried her hair. She sat emotionlessly.

After some time there was a knock on the door. Raaghav went and opened the door, it was Bela kaki, with two plates of dinner.
Raaghav took the plates from her.
He kept the plates on the small table as he coaxed Vaidehi to sit on the bed.

He took some food, and brought his hand till her mouth. But she turned her head.
"Please Vaidu! "
"Hum.. Hume bhook nahi hai. "
"Please, Vaidu.. Humare liye. Please! "
She looked at him, her eyes were filled with tears.
But she finally took the bite.

Raaghav made her eat the entire dinner. His soft words, coaxing helped.

After that, he went to put the plates off.

As, he returned he saw the site that churned his stomach.

Vaidehi now was sitting on the floor, her back pressed against the bed. Her head was hang low.

Soft muffles were heard.

Raaghav walked towards her, and settled beside her.
As she felt  his presence, she quickly turned towards him, and encircled her arms to his waist.

Her cries continued.
"Bas jaan! Bohot ro liya!", he tried stopping her, while softly running his hand over her head.
" Kyu Raaghav? Kyu kehte hai woh yeh sab? Kya hum sach me ek kala saya, ek Ill omen hai? Raaghav hum thak chuke hai yeh sab sun sun ke. Pata hai kabhi kabhi lagta hai, sab sahi kehte hai. Par phir babasa ki baatein yaad aati hai.
Woh toh kabhi yeh nahi mante the. Woh toh kehte the ki hum ghar ki lakshmi hai. Jab kabhi koi rishtedaar, koi log, hume maasa ke marne ka karan batate the toh woh lad jate the, unh rishtedaaro se rishta tod dete the. Woh toh humesha humse kehte the ki hum unhe Mahadev se mili hui sabse best aashirvaad hai.
Phir hum ek kala saya, ek ill omen kaise hui bhala?

Kyu.. Kyu sab yeh nahi samajte ki hum hum kabhi kisika bura nahi chahte. Aur phir toh woh humara parivaar hai, unka bura sochne ke bare mei bhi hum kabhi soch nahi sakte. Kyu unko lagta hai ki hum.. Hum.. Humare maa- baba ke jaane ki wajah hai.. Hum agar kisise sabse jyada pyaar karte the toh woh toh humare babasa the, phir hum unko hi kyu khud se dur karenge Raaghav?
Kyu??, "she cried.

" Hum.. Hum sach me ek kala saya nahi hai.. Nahi hai hum... ", her cries was getting loud. All the trauma that she had suffered all her life was resurfacing.
She wiped her tears a bit as she continued,
" Pata hai, sab kuch sahi tha! Sab humse bohot pyaar karte the. Dadu- dadi, abhi bhai, jaan the hum unki. Babasa ki puri duniya hi humse thi. Chachu, chachi, sab.. Sab humse bohot pyaar karte the. Phir achanak sab kuch kyu badal gaya Raaghav? Kyu humse humare hi log chuth gaye? Kyu??
Kyu? Sab ne humse muh mod liya?
Babasa ke jaane ke bad. Sab.. Sab badal gaya. Unhone toh sirf babasa ko khoya. Humne babasa, ke sath sath apna pura parivaar hi kho diya.. Raaghav.. Pura.. Parivaar kho diya.. Kyu?? Phir bhi hum.. Hum kala saya.. Kyu? Kyu Raaghav? "