Chapter 5: A Bond

"Come back, Athena!" yelled Sarah at the sky, looking at her owl flash by every now and then. She was late on meeting the Weasleys at the Platform, plus it was Ron's first year, she was excited to see his send-off. This year, she was expecting to see Harry, too, having made up that he certainly turns eleven this year.

Sarah huffed, annoyed at Athena who was flying lower now, hunting a poor frog, "Leave it alone, we're late!" she yelled again, but it was no use. Only when she caught the frog, Athena returned to Sarah.

"As stubborn as her owner this one" said Remus and Sarah laughed. He wasn't wrong.

When they made their way to the platform between the number 9 and 10, ran pushing the trolley, and she hugged Remus goodbye.

Sarah took a moment before she entered the train, she knew from Remus that Harry was starting school this year, and she could get to know him, live on through their parents' legacies. Would he want to know her, though? She started to make a rather long list of what he could dislike about her, walking past the compartments, when she saw Ron and a boy. He showed him something on his forehead, but she didn't need that to know who he was. She recognized his eyes.

"Harry" she breathed out, walking into the compartment with Ron. They both stared at her and she wasn't sure what to say. She waved at him. Another thing to add to that list, she didn't know how to introduce herself.

Harry waved back, looking at Ron confused.

"You a nutter, Sarah?" asked Ron and she dismissed him.

"I'm Sarah," she stretched out her hand and Harry shakes it.

She clears her throat, "Um...I used to know you, I mean, I still do- But you don't," she rambled awkwardly, "Our parents, they were friends, best friends."

Harry's eyes went wide, "Hagrid told me about you."

"Did he?" she breathed out in surprise, now her heart speeding up in excitement. Harry smiled softly at her, taking in her hopeful look, for the first time in his life feeling like someone cared and wanted him around.

When the sweets trolley past them, Harry bought the lot from it, and he, Sarah and Ron shared every sweets he bought, talking about what his life as a Muggle has been like, and his utter surprise to finding out he actually belongs here.

Sarah was overjoyed, talking and spending time with him, couldn't think but list every jinx she would throw at the Dursleys for their treatment of Harry, and let the ride towards Hogwarts go by in such a high speed.

Lee walked through the hallway and when she saw Sarah, he peaked his head inside, "Hey, how swell to see you," he bowed his head dramatically. "Um, Fred and George have gone mad looking for you, they started talking about highjacking the train to come and get you."

Sarah rolled her eyes, "If you'll excuse me, I need to go find two really annoying, and maybe a bit endearing, but don't tell them I said that," she added hastily, looking at Ron, "Friends of mine. I'll see you after the sorting, Harry."

On her way to Fred and George's compartment, they bumped into a girl. Her hair was all frizzy and full of volume. Much like Sarah when she was eleven. And she had yet to learn how to tame it even after her two years of magic use.

"Have you by any chance seen a toad?" she asked and Sarah and Lee shook their heads. The girl sighed in disappointment and left, walking into Harry and Ron's compartment next.

"Found her," said Lee and kept on walking forward, while Sarah walked in.

"What do you need me for?" she inquired, sitting down next to Fred. "Annoyed anyone you could find and I'm the last one standing?"