Chapter 56: Labyrinth

AN

Updates still chaotic, I'm not sorry, these chapters are the reason I started writing this story :))))

I hope you enjoy, thank you so so much for reading!

__

The weekends were Sarah's favorite days. As much as she loved her job, she enjoyed having time off from it, with Fred in their little bubble of happiness, now a lovely routine they developed ever since October.

The air was getting colder, while she wrote her notes and underlined parts from her books at her desk, she let her gaze wander outside for a few seconds. People had taken out their fur coats, now, the hats, gloves, beautiful boots and scarves. She loved winter.

She returned to her books, she had to study for a difficult procedure Hippocrates scheduled on Monday, December usually was the time around which the Trainees started joining in on them.

Fred slowly made his way towards her, set a cup of hot coffee next to her and a soft kiss atop her head, making her smile up at him, "Thank you, Weasley." Her gaze lingered over him while he walked away, always enjoying seeing his tousled hair and bare back.

"Study, McCauley," he pointed at her open books with a smirk, and took a sip from his cup, "Let me know when you need a break, though."

She winked at him and smiled knowingly before getting right back into her memorizing and studying.

_

After another couple hours, she felt her brain was reaching saturation, she let her head fall onto her desk with a great thud.

"I'm done, these Charms and Healing Spells can go to hell for all I care," she mumbled defeated.

"That bad?" said Fred, setting down his own work, mostly administrative, and walked towards her chair, looking over her head at all the Healing theory that she had ruffled through over the past hours.

"I don't even know at this point," she chuckled nervously, dropped her pen on the paper sheets scribbled with notes.

Fred chuckled adoringly and set his hands over the sides of her face from behind her, angled her back to face him and gently kissed her forehead, down her face until he reached her lips, captured them slowly, progressively deeper, but taking his time with every move.

Sarah let out a pleased sigh, finally relaxing after being completely on edge over the past hour.

He pulled away to see that familiar faint smile on her face and to hear her say, "I think I'll take that break, now."

Fred brushed his thumb over her lower lip and grinned, "Finally."

She got up from her chair and wrapped her arms around his neck while Fred held her waist, his hand trailing down her body.

"You know you have a really sexy studying face," Fred breathed out. He took the claw clip out of her hair, it untwisted and bounced down on her back.

"There's an omnipresent frown," he brushed his finger between her brows, "The same one you give me when you're mad and I love it."

"Interesting," she raised a brow, and he nodded. He hooked a finger under her chin and angled her head up. Her gaze was playful and smug, it could have ended him right there. "Every time I saw you study, I've always wanted to break your focus, pick you up, make you gasp, kiss you breathless," his voice was low, suggestive and raspy, he brushed his thumb over her lower lip.

"What are you waiting for?" she asked tauntingly, and ran a hand through his hair. Fred's grip tightening around her with a lustful smirk, almost lifted her off the ground and he did exactly that.