Chapter 41: The Antidote

I seem to be unable to stop updating :)))

__

Sarah was standing before Arthur, talking and well, but he was bandaged on almost every part of his skin.

"Why can't they take them off?" asked George, gesturing to the bandages.

"Because he'll start bleeding again if they take it off. I reckon the venom makes it difficult for the blood to coagulate properly and it's too fluid right now. It's better to keep the wounds covered," said Sarah hastily, looking around the room and a sheet where the Healer's names were written.

There was a Healer Trainee: Augustus Pye, and she recognized the name, he was one of her friends from this summer. She had some questions, and possibly a solution, regarding the antidote for Arthur and that was the perfect way to reach the Healer.

She glanced up at them and they were staring at her, she raised an eyebrow.

"That's exactly what the Healers said, actually," said Arthur, in a small voice from his laying position. They all nodded, truly impressed, and looked back at Arthur.

"So, are you going to tell us what happened, Dad?" asked Fred assertively.

Sarah discreetly excused herself, leaving to search for Augustus. She approached the woman Molly had asked for directions to Arthur's room and asked if she could know his whereabouts.

She didn't look up from her register and scoffed, "Are you the girlfriend again?"

Sarah took a second, then decided to go along with it, "Oh, yes, I-hm. Tonight's our anniversary, meeting the parents and everything, you know how it is, everyone's a bit nervous," she gushed, trying to earn some sympathy, "And I need to drop off his suit and make sure everything's in order. It will only take a second, then I'll scurry right back out."

Sarah smiled and did her best imitation of a lovestruck face, and the woman, although she didn't seem to care in the slightest, chewed on her gum and pointed her pen behind her, "Down the hallway, the last door on the right. He's there with the Healer in charge."

"Thank you so much!" said Sarah sweetly and fist-bumped the air once she was out of sight. She knocked on the door and saw Augustus holding some papers and looking over some files. He looked up and his jaw dropped, "What are you doing here, you smart-arse?"

"Nice to see you, too, Augustus," said Sarah, walking in the room.

He walked over and gave her a quick embrace and she explained as briefly as she could, "Arthur Weasley, he's my best friends' father, and you're treating him along with Hippocrates Smethwyck."

"Right, the snake. Those fangs, and that venom, I'm telling you. Quite the head-cracking case," said Augustus, going back to his files.

"Right. What have you tried as an antidote? Did you try-"

"Everything. Dittany, poison antidote, Dragon liver crushed, Dragon liver burnt, Graphorn horn, rue. We've run out of options for the moment," he explained, ruffling through the pages.

"Did you try Syrup of Arnica?" she asked determinedly and his head shot up.

"Are you mad? He'd die with as much as a drop," snapped Augustus quickly, shaking his head frightened.

"No he won't. It needs to be combined with Iguana blood," argued Sarah and he scoffed again.

"Iguana blood? That's poisonous, too! Might as well give him Streeler shells for breakfast," said Augustus indignantly.  

"You git. I'm serious, the two combined together will clear out the toxins foreign to the body," she said, taking a step forward and holding her ground.